Episode 2B: Clip Joint Calamity

(Start on the first isle. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are walking.)

Mugman-The cycle begins again. We just got a contract, and now we're totally lost on where to get the next one.

Cuphead-What?

Mugman-You know how after we got our first contract, we had no idea where to find the next one? We had to "ask around", which you never did.

Cuphead-Yes, I did! I asked that Porkrind guy about it. How else did I find the slime person? Now, I say we start by looking at the list.

(He opens the list and looks at it as they approach a showboat. There's a sign next to the entrance. MUGMAN reads it out loud.)

Mugman-"The Fly House: Home of the Magnificent Ribby and Croaks".

(They enter the showboat, which is revealed to be a club where all the patrons are flies.)

Cuphead-I guess they call it the Fly House for a reason.

(A female fly, MAY, approaches them.)

May-Welcome to the Fly House. My name's May. I run things around here. I gotta say we don't get non-fly customers very often.

Cuphead-Well, here we are.

May-Well, if there's anything we can do for you, just ask.

Cuphead-Actually, your sign said there were two fellas here named Ribby and Croaks. Could you tell me a little bit about them?

May-Well-

(That's when two large frogs, RIBBY and CROAKS, storm into the room.)

Croaks-May!

May-What is it?

Ribby-We haven't seen any good competition in weeks now! What's the holdup?

Croaks-If we don't see any more fighters in three days, we'll have to-

Cuphead-We'll fight you!

Mugman-(quietly) No, we won't.

Cuphead-Two on two!

Mugman-Why do you have to bring me into this?

(They stand up, MUGMAN reluctantly, facing RIBBY and CROAKS. The flies begin cheering.)

May-Alright, folks, it looks like it's gonna be a high-class bout today. And begin!

(RIBBY begins spinning his fists, firing boxing gloves that go in an ascending-descending pattern. Some of them are pink. CUPHEAD jumps to dodge them and parries one of the pink ones. Afterwards, he uses rapid fire on the frogs. MUGMAN, however, gets hit by one of the lower ones and doesn't get up until the attack ends. That's when CROAKS begins spitting out flaming flies that descend on the brothers.)

Cuphead-(to MUGMAN) Why aren't you shooting? Y'know what, you're good at slow fire. Why don't you take out (pointing at the flies) those things?

(MUGMAN looks up at the flies.)

Mugman-Oh...those things...

(He begins shooting at them using Peashooter. When each one is hit, they disappear with a pop. RIBBY begins firing boxing gloves again. Neither CUPHEAD nor MUGMAN notice. They both get knocked over.)

Cuphead-Now, that just wasn't fair.

Mugman-Well, you were the one who wasn't looking.

(RIBBY rolls towards them. CUPHEAD dashes out of the way, but MUGMAN freezes up and gets run over.)

Cuphead-Mugs. Hey. That was totally avoidable.

Mugman-I'm not really ready to fight, okay?

(CROAKS begins spinning around like a fan, blowing CUPHEAD and MUGMAN back towards RIBBY, whom they are facing away from.)