Episode 8A: Dramatic Fanatic

(Start on the third isle. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are approaching a theater.)

Cuphead-So what are we doing here again?

Mugman-Looking for contracts. What else?

Cuphead-Yeah, but why here?

Mugman-Because I was looking at the list, and I found someone whose name might actually be a clue as to where we can find them.

Cuphead-That still doesn't answer my question. Why are we at a theater?

Mugman-Her name's Sally Stageplay! In this crazy cartoon universe, someone with the last name Stageplay is clearly an actress.

Cuphead-Cartoon universe?

(There is a poster on the wall. It says "SALLY STAGEPLAY and Carl Camera star in TOGETHER FOREVER. One night only!")

Mugman-See?

Cuphead-Yeah, but I don't think it's pronounced Stageplay. Remember that chick, Candy Camera? Her last name is spelled Camera, but it's pronounced Ca-mera. Maybe it's pronounced Sally...Stag-uh-plye?

(CANDY peeks in between CUPHEAD and MUGMAN's heads.)

Candy-Sally Stageplay owes her soul to the Devil? That explains everything!

Cuphead-Oh, would you look at that? It is pronounced Stageplay. Wait a minute!

(He turns around and sees CANDY standing behind him.)

Cuphead-You...

Candy-You...

Mugman-Who?

Candy-You tried to take my soul!

Cuphead-I didn't know I didn't need it!

Mugman-Quit the drama, you two!

Cuphead-Really? Theatre puns?

Mugman-This is just revenge for all those bee puns.

Candy-Guys, stop playing around.

Mugman-Eh!

(CUPHEAD facepalms.)

Candy-I can't believe this! She's getting her soul taken. She's finally getting what she deserves!

Mugman-Well, what do you have against her?

Candy-She's...

(Dramatic zoom-in.)

Candy-Dating my brother.

Mugman-How bad can that be?

Candy-Alright...Mugman, is it? How would you feel if your brother over here was seeing someone?

Mugman-Uh...happy...for...him?

Candy-Perhaps I didn't word that correctly. How would you feel if he was dating a whiny, stuck-up little snoot like Sally Stageplay?

Mugman-Oh.

Candy-Sally Stageplay is self-absorbed in every sense of the word. She and Carl have been co-stars for years, and for every production they've been in, she's asked for top billing. Every time. And that's just the beginning!

Cuphead-Would you like to help us take her out?

Candy-Would I! I've even been developing a new ink cartridge that turns the object it hits permanently black and white! It's going to ruin Sally! I only have one, though, so I can't mess it up.

Cuphead-Alright. Let's go into the theater-Wait! Was that a photography pun?

(Cut to inside the theater. The backdrop on stage is painted like the inside of a church. SALLY STAGEPLAY, a thin woman with blonde hair, is dressed in a bridal dress and is in the middle of over-reciting a horribly long monologue. Standing across from her is CARL CAMERA dressed in a tuxedo. There is also a PASTOR onstage. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are seated in the audience.)