Episode 6A: Aviary Action!

(Start at Porkrind's Emporium. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are at the counter looking at potion bottles. CUPHEAD narrates.)

Cuphead-(voice only) The battle with that clown made me realize that we need some new weapons, so here we are at Porkrind's Emporium Second Isle Branch.

(He picks up a red bottle and reads the label.)

Cuphead-"Spread Shot-Short range with great damage -- if you can keep close to your target." See? This is what I was talking about while we were fighting the clown! I think I'm going to buy it. What about you?

(MUGMAN hands him an orange bottle. CUPHEAD reads the label.)

Cuphead-"Charge Shot-Hold attack to increase damage. No rapid fire, so precision is key." This weapon was made for you, Mugman!

(MUGMAN nods.)

Cuphead-You're being awfully quiet.

Mugman-I didn't really feel the need to speak.

(He gets some coins out of his pocket and begins to count them.)

Mugman-That's weird. I could have sworn I had three more coins.

Cuphead-Oh, that? I didn't have enough money to buy smoke bombs for both of us, so I borrowed some from you.

Mugman-THAT'S STEALING!

Cuphead-I'll give it back.

Mugman-Fine, but you owe me.

Cuphead-That's okay. I'm used to owing things.

(He puts three coins on the counter.)

Cuphead-I'll take the Spread Shot.

(MUGMAN also puts three coins onto the counter.)

Mugman-And I'll have Charge, please.

(Cut to inside a funhouse. The floor and ceiling are exactly the same. Pink cards are floating in the air.)

Mugman-Could you tell me what we're doing here?

Cuphead-I saw this funhouse, and I thought it looked. You know, 'cause it's a funhouse!

Mugman-Yeah, just like that nightmare circus was fun!

(A line of four cars drive towards them across the floor.)

Cuphead-CARS!

(MUGMAN jumps, startled. He accidentally parries a pink card and winds up on the ceiling.)

Mugman-Inverted gravity!

Cuphead-Inverta-what?

Mugman-I'm upside down!

(CUPHEAD looks up and sees MUGMAN on the ceiling.)

Cuphead-Would you look at that?

(He parries the card as well to avoid the cars. On the ceiling, a giant toy duck comes towards them followed by two toy ducklings. The second duckling is pink. CUPHEAD lets out rapid fire and shoots all three.)

Cuphead-NO! I could have parried that!

Mugman-Well, sometimes you win, sometimes you're bad.

(They continue on the ceiling until another line of cars comes towards them. They parry another card and land on the floor. They meet a green and white checkered wall with one eye and two mouths, one on the ceiling and one on the floor. Out of the mouth on the floor comes another line of cars. They switch to the ceiling.)

Cuphead-I think we need to shoot it. How about we try out our new weapons?

(He begins rapid-firing at the wall's eye using Spread Shot, which comes out in several red triangles. MUGMAN extends his finger. He doesn't shoot, but his finger begins glowing orange. A few seconds later, a bright orange flare forms on the end of his finger.)