Episode 5B: Carnival Kerfuffle

(Start on the second isle. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are walking. CUPHEAD narrates.)

Cuphead-(voice only) So here we were, hard at work collecting contracts-(speaking) What's that?

(He points at a tent with a sign that says "Come challenge yourself at the FUNFAIR FEVER obstacle course". He runs into the tent. MUGMAN follows him. Their path is blocked by a canvas tarp. There is a trampoline in front of them.)

Cuphead-That leaves us with one option. Mugman, give me a boost!

Mugman-Or we could just use the trampoline.

Cuphead-Oh. I knew that.

(He jumps on the trampoline. It sprouts feet and begins running around.)

Cuphead-Whoa!

(It runs closer to the tarp. CUPHEAD jumps higher and goes over it.)

Mugman-Wait for me!

(He jumps on the trampoline and dashes over the tarp. Balloons start floating in. One nearly hits CUPHEAD.)

Cuphead-Get out of my way!

(He shoots a balloon. It explodes, sending projectiles in all directions.)

Cuphead-Ack!

(Another balloon, a pink one, floats into view.)

Mugman-Ooh, pink!

(He jumps on the trampoline and parries it. They use the same running trampoline to jump over more canvas tarps. Then they are out of the tent. Tiny clowns are rolling on little balls. They jump on top of a trunk and over the first clown.)

Cuphead-Wait a minute! Why are we dodging everything when we could just as easily shoot it?

(He shoots the next clown, leaving a lonely ball rolling around.)

Mugman-Because it's easier and less violent.

(They come across a strength-tester with a pink bell moving up and down. MUGMAN goes around it.)

Cuphead-Hold on a second!

(He parries the bell several times. Then he follows after MUGMAN. They go into another tent with several dunk platforms. They jump onto a platform. A ball flies in from nowhere and hits it. It gives way, dropping CUPHEAD and MUGMAN onto a lower platform.)

Cuphead-Okay, so you have to watch out for those-

(Their path is blocked by a line of robot monkeys. CUPHEAD begins shooting them, and they fall off the line. Before he can finish, MUGMAN smoke-dashes through them.)

Cuphead-You're no fun, Mugman.

Mugman-Since when is being violent fun?

(They continue jumping from platform to platform. They come across a line of three cannons that are revealed to be shooting the balls that hit the platforms.)

Cuphead-Okay, Mugman. These look like they take a lot of damage. Ready, aim-

(MUGMAN smoke-dashes through the cannons.)

Cuphead-Dangit, Mugman!

(He smoke-dashes through the cannons as well. They exit this tent. CUPHEAD parries the bell on another strength-tester twice.)

Mugman-We can't waste time!

(CUPHEAD sighs as they jump over another tiny clown on a ball.)

Mugman-Cuphead, you really need to stop shooting when you don't need to. We need to save our shots for an actual fight!