Episode 4A: Floral Fury

(Start on the first isle. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are looking over the list.)

Cuphead-Looks like we're not getting any luck finding the rest of these names.

Mugman-Maybe they don't live on this isle. We can always check the second isle.

Cuphead-Good idea, Mugs.

Mugman-But it's an awful long way to get there.

Cuphead-Don't worry, Mugs. I know a shortcut!

Mugman-(sarcastically) Delightful. Where is it?

Cuphead-I'll show you.

(They enter what appears to be a hollowed-out tree. Inside is a path slanted upwards. Orange and pink ladybugs curled up in balls begin bouncing towards them. One nearly hits MUGMAN in the face.)

Cuphead-You'll have to watch out for bouncing ladybugs, though. They can be a doozy.

(An enormous woodpecker appears from the ceiling and begins pecking the ground.)

Mugman-And what about the woodpecker?

Cuphead-I guess the people here aren't that friendly.

Mugman-That leaves us with only one option-

Cuphead-SHOOT!

(He unloads Peashooter rapid fire onto the bouncing ladybugs. MUGMAN sighs and shoots once, hitting a pink ladybug.)

Cuphead-Mugman, no! You don't shoot the pink ladybugs! You parry those!

(He parries a pink ladybug. He switches to Chaser. They reach a dead end, but now it appears as if they're at the bottom of a tall column.)

Cuphead-Looks like all we can do is go up.

Mugman-But how do we do that?

(CUPHEAD jumps onto a nearby platform.)

Mugman-Oh...

(He joins CUPHEAD. They move to a floating platform that carries them up to another stationary platform with a stack of wood that shoots spike balls at them.)

Cuphead-It looks like it'll take us a little while to shoot all these guys down.

Mugman-Or we can just move on.

(He jumps up a couple more platforms. He finds one with another stack of wood. He dodges their spike balls a few times but soon decides to start shooting them. They each explode with a pop, starting with the top and working down. CUPHEAD joins him.)

Mugman-There you are. Let's waste no time here, okay?

(They work their way up the platforms, continuing to be shot by stacks of wood and attacked by wasps. They do almost no shooting except for MUGMAN sharpshooting the wasps out of the air. Soon, they reach the top of the column, but it's being blocked by one last stack of wood.)

Cuphead-You think you can take care of them?

(MUGMAN nods. His super meter is four spades full. He thrusts his fists four times, sending out four EX attacks that destroy each of the four sections of the stack of wood. They go through the exit. Outside are several mosquitoes holding leaves above their heads.)

Cuphead-I have an idea.

(He jumps onto a leaf. MUGMAN joins him. They begin jumping from leaf to leaf. As they jump off a leaf, a ball of fire comes up from below and shoots the mosquito out of the air. MUGMAN sees this and looks on in horrified amazement. Below him, he sees another mosquito with a coin floating above it.)