Episode 13A: High-Noon Hoopla

(Start on DLC Island. CUPHEAD, MUGMAN, and CHALICE are making their way down some rocks to a desert area.)

Mugman-This place looks so different!

Cuphead-Yeah. Just a few minutes ago, we were in a village. Now we're in a desert.

Chalice-I thought you'd say that. Compared to the Inkwell Isles, DLC Island is kind of having an identity crisis.

Mugman-Desert? I think there's a desert something on the recipe.

(He takes out the recipe and reads it over.)

Mugman-Right there! We need the Desert Limes.

Chalice-From Esther Winchester.

Mugman-Esther Winchester?

Chalice-Yes, Esther Winchester. She's pretty nice. Hopefully, she'll hand over the limes no problem. Her saloon should be somewhere around here.

Cuphead-First a speakeasy and now a saloon? How many drinking spots are there on this island?

Chalice-It's just a coincidence that we're visiting them first. I don't hang around the desert much. All of the Calixes live in the village. You two go looking for it. I'm going to ask around.

Cuphead/Mugman-Yes, ma'am!

Chalice-Oh, and one more thing: Mugman, do you mind eating another astral cookie? I'm not sure how many non-Calixes will be comfortable talking to a ghost.

Mugman-Of course.

(He takes a bite of an astral cookie and switches out with CHALICE.)

Cuphead-Oh, so he's your yes man now?

Mugman-I'm sorry. Do you want to be a ghost?

Cuphead-Touche.

Chalice-Alright, boys. We've got a mission to do, so let's do it!

(The boys leave. CHALICE looks around.)

Chalice-Now, who can I ask?

(She sees a CACTUS GIRL sitting by a fire.)

Chalice-Aha!

(She runs up to the girl.)

Cactus-Boo!

(CHALICE steps back.)

Cactus-Did I scare ya? Nothin' I love more than a good ghost story 'round the campfire. I'd heard word of a ghostly gal roughin' up no-good varmints 'round here.

Chalice-She sure sounds interesting...

Cactus-I reckoned I'd keep track of her exploits m'self. I'd sure love to tell "The Tale of the Villainous Veggies Vanquished."

Chalice-And I'd love to hear it, but I need your help with something.

Cactus-Hm?

Chalice-I'm looking for Miss Esther Winchester.

Cactus-Oh, Sheriff Winchester? You can find her in her saloon over--

Cuphead-(offscreen) Found it!

(CHALICE turns around to find CUPHEAD and MUGMAN by a light blue saloon by some cacti.)