Episode 11A: All Bets Are Off!

(Start in Inkwell Hell. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are standing in front of the Devil's Casino. MUGMAN is holding the list while CUPHEAD is holding the contract box. MUGMAN changes from looking at the list from looking at the casino.)

Mugman-So we're finally here.

Cuphead-Yep.

Mugman-I never thought I'd see myself here again. Where do you think he could be?

Cuphead-Where do you think he his?

(He holds his hand up towards the "Devil's Casino" sign.)

Cuphead-The Devil's Casino!

Mugman-Oh.

Cuphead-Well, what are we waiting for? Let's teach that scrub a thing or two!

(He runs up the steps to the casino's entrance. MUGMAN trails behind him. CUPHEAD waits for his brother to catch up before swinging the door open.)

Cuphead-Speak of the Devil! It's-

(They see KING DICE towering over them.)

Cuphead-(petrified) King Dice.

Dice-Well, lookee here! You've actually pulled it off...but you've made me lose a bet.

(He bends down and gets right in the boys' faces.)

Dice-And for that, you ain't seein' the boss just yet. We're gonna play a little game first!

Cuphead-(through his teeth, to MUGMAN) I knew we'd have to fight this guy eventually.

(KING DICE snaps his fingers. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN disappear into puffs of smoke. They reappear on some sort of gambling table. On the edge of the table is a semicircle divided into smaller spaces. There is a "Start" and a "Finish," nine spaces labeled 1 through 9, three "Safe" spaces, and a "Start Over" space right before the finish. There is also a blue, triangular counter on the "Start" space.)

Cuphead-Oh. That's what he meant by a game, but what just happened?

(A giant KING DICE pops up on the other side of the edge.)

Mugman-Good gosh, Cuphead! We've been shrunken!

(KING DICE claps his hands in front of the boys. A pink die appears in front of them. It spins around, each side having either one, two, or three dots.)

Dice-Your move, squirts!

(As he waits for CUPHEAD and MUGMAN to make their move, he sways from left to right, drumming his fingers on the edge of the table, an evil smile on his face.)

Cuphead-(sarcastically) Great.

Mugman-Cuphead, wait! That dice is pink. Parrying will probably make it stop, and whatever side is showing is however many spaces that counter will move, and whatever number it lands on dictates whatever cruel and ghoulish beast we'll have to fight.

Cuphead-Okay. Now, let me handle this.

Mugman-No, Cuphead. No. Remember what happened the last time you touched a dice?

Cuphead-You think you can do any better?

(MUGMAN parries the die. It lands on two. The counter moves two spaces to the number 2. KING DICE winks as a trapdoor opens beneath the boys. They scream as they fall through, and the screen fades to black. Fade to CUPHEAD and MUGMAN sitting on a huge poker table looking quite woozy.)

Cuphead-Ugh...

Mugman-Where are we?

(They see KING DICE's large, gloved hand stacking a stack of blue, yellow, and red poker chips with a face.)