The Thousand Pranks War

So three weeks ago,I got turned down by Chapa.

Needless to say it was a pretty tough thing to swallow for me, I guess it hurt more than I thought. I spaced out a lot during class and barely talked much, Ray noticed this (which is highly unusual for the guy) and I had to lie through my teeth each time that I was just worried about Henry's safety,which in truth I was, but still Henry's basically a grownup now,so there wasn't much to worry about... you get my point: I just wasn't myself. I went back to that notebook and wrote a few things down in there... As ridiculous and cliche as it may sound,I was actually writing a song based on my recent experience... I think. It was pretty random,there wasn't any structure as of yet... Just a bunch of words grouped into lines,but it was something... And that something was helping me cope.

Mika and Bose checked up on me a lot,both always looking for ways to cheer me up,which actually did work to an extent... But then again,you can't just heal from something like this instantly, especially if you're like me.

Chapa actually went on as if nothing happened,which I'm actually pretty grateful for. I didn't need awkwardness between us to add to the anguish I was trying to work through. We exchanged words a few times and honestly, despite how much I tried to hide it... It still kinda hurt to talk to her after what happened,but I knew I couldn't stop talking to her simply cause of that, that'd be unnecessary,petty and just plain stupid. Besides,I was a ninja,heck I was a Jonin... I had a responsibility and I couldn't let my emotional state get in the way of that. Missions continued as usual... Until last week.

Last week was... Interesting.

So we all went to Nacho Ball one night but it wasn't ordinary...

Flashback:

"Come on dude..." I was practically begging my best friend as the rest of us waited for him to make his order. He'd been contemplating on what to buy for over three minutes.

"Don't rush me,this has to be special" Bose said.

I rolled my eyes at him and took a seat. Soon after,my eyes landed on Chapa... And apparently they stayed there for quite a while since she had to snap her fingers directly in front of me to get my attention.

"Y/N" Mika said.

"What?" I asked a little too loudly. I covered my mouth as I realized I was still sitting in a public restaurant.

"You're staring at her again"

"... Yeah" I sighed.

"I'm sorry Y/N,I really am" Mika placed her hand on my shoulder. "But you need to ask yourself... how much longer can you keep doing this to yourself?"

"..."

"Alright guys, we all got our orders!" Luckily Miles cut our conversation short and saved me from a world of thoughts I wasn't ready to go back into.  I shook my head furiously as Mika turned away from me and each team member grabbed a bag that contained their order.

"This doesn't taste right" Bose said with an almost full mouth.

"Yeah,food usually tastes better in a car" Chapa added.

"Oh,I got an idea" I said, standing up. "everyone follow me!"

And with that,all five of us ran out of Nacho Ball.

The next twenty minutes saw us all seated in the man truck in the man's nest garage. After a brief argument between me and Bose over who would take the passenger's seat, Mika decided to take it,with Miles in the driver's seat while the rest of us were in the back; I was sitting by the left window, Bose by the right and Chapa in the middle.  I'd rather not be so close to her right then if I was being honest.