Familiar Strangers

*Drip*

*Drip*

*Drip*

That was the only thing he was able to hear. It was faint at first,but soon it started getting louder and it had an echo effect in his head. Y/N was shocked to find that he was still breathing and wondered where he was. Opening his eyes ever so slowly, the teenager looked up but saw nothing except darkness. He decided to turn and the side of his face was immediately hit with moisture.

"Water?"

Struggling to sit up,the teenager looked around and sure enough,he was surrounded by water,but not just any water...

Yellow water!

The gears in Y/N's head starting spinning as the realization hit him. He'd never been so glad to be sitting in this unknown liquid.

'Missed me?'

Y/N immediately turned around and sure enough,he was met with a pair of red eyes and sharp teeth grinning at him,the owner of those features of course having dark orange fur.

The fourteen year old was essentially hysterical at this point as he scrambled to his feet.

"Kurama!"

'Hey,kid' The fox snickered.

"You've been in here the entire time?" Y/N asked.

'Unfortunately' Kurama said. 'That damn Uchiha wannabe restricted my tails so I couldn't lend you any chakra the entire time... And i couldn't communicate with you either'

"That explains a lot" Y/N looked around and sure enough, Kurama's tails seemed to be chained in place, preventing them from moving.

'So what's the situation?'

"Bad, really bad" Y/N said. "my physical body's been pinned to the ground with rods and my chakra reserves are giving out"

'And your friends?'

"They're still in Swellview, but they're trapped in a Chibaku Tensei"

'Planetary Devastation...' the Fox remembered. 'That Rinnegan is gonna be hard to beat... And I can't help you cause I can't move'

"Maybe I can help"

The two occupants in the seal turned to the new voice. The first thing that Y/N saw was a white and red jacket and his eyes lit up as he took in the other features.

"Minato Sensei!" Y/N ran up to his master and tackled him a speedy hug.

"Where have you been?!" Y/N shut his eyes tightly as he hugged the Fourth Hokage.

"I've been watching, like I told you" Minato replied, patting the younger ninja's head. "And I'm proud of you,Y/N"

"Sensei, I'm about to get killed..." Y/N pulled away from him. "Everyone in Swellview might die if Kurama gets extracted"

"Luckily we came up with a way to make sure that doesn't happen" Minato smiled.

"We?"

"We" another voice said. Y/N looked at the direction of the voice and out of the darkness walked a man, probably in his late twenties. He had on black pants,an orange long sleeved shirt and a white cape that looked similar to Minato's jacket. But what sold it to Y/N was the blonde hair and of course,the whisker marks on his cheeks.

Y/N stared,his mouth almost wide open in utter shock and bewilderment as he realized who was in front of him.

"No way..."