Chapter 3

It seemed like forever, but I managed to make it through till' literature. Algebra was so fucking boring. I don't even do anything in that class. I know I don't really do anything in any class, but I mean we really don't do anything. Mr. Kraler doesn't give a crap about teaching or about the students. He'll just go online or read a book. He mostly just wants no one to have sex in the classroom or anyone to do drugs.

Science was horrible too. The so called "popular" girl Demi Lovato kept whining. The. Whole. Freaking. Time. Mostly because Mr. Garcia was dissecting a squid. The squid was already decaying, so it gave off a really awful smell. Demi was just whining how horrible it smells, how she doesn't want to see it, she would never touch it, it looks weird, she's going to be scarred after this, I was just over the edge.

I was going to scream of annoyance but the bell to third period rung. I was kind of glad I didn't lash out because it wasn't really worth it for Demi. I walked over to P.E. We ran one mile today, and I ran through it in under ten minutes. I beat everyone, and I was proud of myself. The other students could care less but my P.E. teacher was really impressed. He wants to see me after school. I wonder what for.

But now I'm here, in my literature class. This class is really close to the locker rooms so I get here before anyone else. I'm now just waiting for everyone else. Ms.Harlton is waiting outside for everyone, like she always does. Should I draw? I guess I should.

I open the zipper to my bag and smile happily when I see my notebook and pencil. Drawing brings happiness to me. Makes me free in my own world. A world where I don't have to be alone anymore. A world where I'm in charge, and no one can judge me.

I flip to about the ninetieth page and finally find a blank page. For some particular reason I started to draw right away. I don't know what I'm drawing, but decide to let my imagination and creativity to do the work. My pencil is moving up and down the page, leaving gray markings. I guess I came really early to class this time because I've been drawing for about fifteen minutes. 

My hand continues to swiftly move the pencil, and I still don't know what I'm drawing. As soon as I see people walking in I finally see what I'm drawing. My eyes completely pop out of my head when I see what the gray markings formed into.

I see a man. A man who has sparkling colored eyes even though this picture is gray. His facial structure is almost completely perfect. His hair looks so soft to touch. His smile is just...no words for his smile. That's how amazing it is. His nose has a spectacular shape and it's just so. . .cute.

I'm still sitting here in shock when someone who walks through the door catches my eyes. I look up and notice Niall standing by the door talking to Selena. He's laughing and really having a nice conversation with her. I guess they had the same period together before this one so they've gotten close. I examine Niall one more time before I look down at my notebook again. SHIT.

Niall is the guy on my notebook. Without my intention I just drew Niall. How...why did I draw him? How did his image enter my brain where my imagination was? And why is the drawing almost completely like him? I made him even look good...

"Hey, Zayn. What's up?"

I slammed my notebook shut and threw it in my bag. I bit down on my bottom lip to hide nervousness. I look to my right and see Niall standing beside the desk. He looks confused. He has his eyebrows scrunched down and just stares at me. I continue to bite my lip and stare at him nervously. Niall just shakes his head in confusion and sits down in the chair next to me.

I mentally slap myself for acting so strange. I probably creeped him out or something. Gosh I'm an idiot. And he almost saw the drawing! He now probably thinks I was drawing something dirty. I don't want him to think that!