Chapter 23

It's been three months since I reunited with my dad, and to be honest with you its been a really big blur, but I can mention the big things.

I started playing football again. I never really wanted to, but I did after my dad told me it would be a nice value to my application. And, it's really tightened my relationship with Ed and Louis.

Yeah, Louis. Who knew huh? He realized that his asshole demeanor was keeping him away from Harry, and he cut off all of his friends. Same with Demi, she no longer hangs out with Justin anymore. I think that's why I noticed Liam and Harry some of the happiest people I know right now.

Well, other than Ms. Harlton. She loves telling me about what she's done lately or what's the new gossip, but now she's glowing like she did that one day I asked her if I could sing for my project. Turns out her and Coach resealed their, well, whatever it was and now are tying the knot.

As for Niall, he's been getting more nervous along the days and says it's because graduation is close and that means he's leaving me behind sooner than he imagined. I don't get upset or anything, because what he doesn't know is I have a surprise.

My dad has been helping me apply to UCLA, and yes, you can say the reason is because I'm a whipped jackass. No, but really, UCLA has art majors that blow away my mind and I'm super passionate about going to school now. And the surprise is I'm holding a going away party for Niall tonight, but I'm also opening the acceptance/decline letter with him. I didn't want to open it unless he was with me.

That pretty much sums it up. Oh wait... Yeah, my mum and sister still have no clue my dad and I have been talking. I invited them as well though, so we'll see how that goes.

But, another thing, it's only two months away from graduation, and it's come way faster than I thought it'd be. It's so horrifying that I spent most of my high school being an ungrateful coward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure we have everything?" Liam asks.

I double check my list of food and drinks and nod as I view the grocery bags. "Yup. Even if we're missing something I made sure to get two of the same thing. We'll have tons of spare things."

I pick up a box that fell out of a bag and check off the thing on the list when I hear Liam chuckling behind me. I turn towards him to see him smiling at me. I furrow my eyebrows. "What's so funny?"

He shakes his head. "No, nothing. It's just..." Liam's eyes travel the room, like he's trying to think of a way to say what he's about to say. "Do you remember when we first met? In the hall? I remember being so terrified of you, because everyone always said things to make you sound like the meanest person alive. I almost believed them. And then, when I heard you in your dorm that day you didn't show up for school, it was surprised me, but I wasn't shocked. And when you were so happy that I asked you to be my friend I knew you were so misunderstood.

"And now, here we are, five months later, and everything is so different from that day. I still remember that time I told you you were in love with Niall, and let me tell you I should've bet money you guys would end up together." I laugh at the comment. He grins. "You love him so much Zayn. Why can't you just open that letter right now?"

I sigh,"It's not that I can't, I just don't want to. Shit Liam, I don't even know how he's going to react. What if he's pissed that I kept this a secret?"

"Whoa, whoa, Zayn. You're thinking about this too much. Personally, I think Niall will be happy, beyond happy. He'll be proud and also flattered that you did all it took to get into UCLA. Don't you want him to be happy?"

"Of course I want him to be happy. I just don't want all this trouble I made to go to waste. But I do know this, I will save all my money to go to America just to be with him because when something as great as Niall comes around, you can't lose that." I sit down on the wooden chair and take a breather. I look up at Liam. "Did you invite Demi?"