Chapter 17

"I'm kind of nervous here, Liam." I say as he puts on his dress shoes.

I look at myself in the mirror on their dorm room wall, letting out heavy breaths. Harry adjusts his tie next to me, and Liam walks up and talks to me through the mirror.

"Same here, Zayn. Not because of our performance, but because Danielle is going to be chaperoning." He looks down at the floor and I turn to him. 

"I hope things go well for you two. I just want you to be happy."

"Yeah, I do too." He walks to the bathroom and closes the door.

Harry adjusts his tie some more and I sigh. "Do you think things will work out between the two?" I say directly to him.

He sighs as well. "Do I think? Of course. But, in reality, it's different. I don't know if we should worry about the subject, becaus of our performance and everything, but if he wants that stress, fine by me. He's going to get hurt. He just doesn't listen to me."

We sit on his bed as Liam finishes up in the bathroom. We have a few moments to talk.

"So, excited for your solos? You liked singing all the time when we rode our skateboards."

"Hell yeah I'm excited. But so much stress is going through me. Trust me, I'm not nervous on our performance. But I am nervous on Louis. I'm going to tell him I'm waiting for an answer from UCLA. I don't know if he'll be supportive or completely shocked, but whatever happens, happens. I can't dwell on it any longer. I'm sure you understand."

I look at him with curiousity. "What do you mean I understand?"

He looks serious. "You know, on the situation. Aren't you going through the same thing?" 

I was about to say something when Liam comes out of the bathroom. No chance to speak, we're leaving right away.

We make it in the gym at around 5:45 pm. I see everyone in their formal outfits helping set up instruments and decorations. I spot Ed running hecticly, catching up with everybody and checking things off his clipboard. Once he sees all three of us, he runs over.

"Thank the heavens! I thought you wouldn't show up. I have bad news. The people who I booked to perform the intruments with you guys couldn't make it. Do any of you know how to play?"

"Yeah." Harry says. "I know how to play guitar. Louis knows how to play piano."

"And I can play the drums." Liam pitched in.

"And I'll just stick with singing. I'm horrible with instruments." I said. 

Ed gives a sigh of relief and hands Harry and Liam several pieces of music sheets.

"Just learn these cords by eleven, and everything will be set. Thanks guys! Oh and Zayn, can I speak with you for a moment?"

I nod and Harry and Liam walk away. Ed and I walk backstage and sit down on some spare chairs.

"What's up, Ed?"

Ed looks completely miserable, and some of it is coming from the stress of the dance. But he just places his head in his hands and sighs with fret.

"I'm so worried Zayn. And it's not about the dance..."

He sits up again and staes at me, waiting for a response.

"What's wrong Ed? Is everything okay?"

"I'm not sure...I mean, I have the confidence and everything, but, I need some girl advice."

I nod as if I understand, but honestly I don't. 

"Does this have something to do with Perrie?" I ask. Once Ed's face flushes, I knew this was about Perrie.