Chapter 16

"You-you want me to do what?!" Niall blurts with disbelief.

It's Friday, after school, and I told Niall about the modeling job for Harry. It took a while to explain it, but he finally got it.                                                                           

"I want you to take a few photos for Harry. I'll be with you, so you don't have to worry." I assure him. We both walk to the mall as we hold hands.

"Zayn, you should've told me sooner..."

"I'm sorry, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. You can just watch on the sidelines and see your sexy boyfriend get all the attention."

Niall laughs and he playfully punches me. "Never mind. I'm going to show you who the real sexy boyfriend is."

"It's on." I say as I pull him in and kiss his cheek.

We enter the mall and dejavu hits me like a bus. This is the place that Niall and I went to before we had our first kiss.

When the memory of our kiss flows through my head the biggest grin appears on my face. Niall notices and squeezes my hand.

"What're you smiling about?" He asks with a smile. I blush and look at him with love struck eyes.

"I'm just thinking about how we came here before our first kiss." I say and nuzzle my nose against the side of his head. He blushes too and we walk in the men's formal store and sit on the soft bench by the door for Harry.

Soon enough Harry walks in the store and sees us. He has his camera strap around his neck, a big bag, and a hickey on his neck that's clearly visible. I grin sheepishly and looks at me curiously.

"What's up mate? Why are you grinning like that?" He asks. That just makes me grin more and I stand up off the bench and poke the spot on his neck, which makes his eyes go wide. He quickly lifts up his jacket collar and gulps. I just roll my eyes and grab Niall's hand before he stands up as well.

"So, what's up? Why'd you want us to meet you here?" Niall asks. Harry gestures a hand to a suit that's on a mannequin.

"Since it's pretty close to the winter dance I thought maybe we'd just have you guys wear some suits or something. To look like models on a magazine or just a cute couple that is going to the dance. Either is fine." He replies. I smile at the words 'cute couple' and I look around for a suit I might wear.

I find one that is a button up but stops midway at my stomach. It wasn't my size, so I went to where the cash register was and rung the service bell. A familiar woman came out of the back room and when she saw me she smiled brightly.

"It's you! I haven't seen you in weeks!" She said rather loud. I tilt my head slightly in confusion. Wait- isn't she that woman who...

"Oh my gosh, you're that woman who was with me when I came in here not so long ago."

She nodded. "Indeed I did. I didn't catch your name, though."

"Zayn. Zayn Malik."

"Well Zayn, I'm Julie." We shook hands as normal people would, and she smiled as she noticed Niall looking around frantically for a suit.

"I remember him too. What's his name?"

"Niall. That's...Niall." I smile as I stare at him and say his name, and I hear her snap behind me. I put my focus back on her and she laughed.

"Nice to see you're still hanging out with him. I thought he'd taken the hint when I said you guys make a good couple..." Her voice gets a little higher when she trailed off. I just smiled.