Chapter 15

School just ended and I have no plans for the rest of the day. Niall is busy with tutoring, and I guess Liam and Harry are free.

I start walking to their dorm and knock on the door. I hear muffling of words and then small clacks against wooden floor. The doorknob turns and the door opens to a girl wearing a dress and high heels. She has brown eyes that match her curly hair, and without her high heels she'd be shorter than me.

"Who are you?" She asked me in an annoyed tone.

"I'm Liam's friend. Is he here?"

"Yeah, he's here. I was just leaving." She walked past me and bumped my shoulder while doing it. Weird.

I walk inside to see Liam on his bed, crying. I sit next to him, and wrap my arm around his shoulders.

"Liam, what happened?"

He just shook his head and rolled his eyes back before throwing his head on my chest and started sobbing. He made a harsh noise from the back of his throat. This isn't right. Liam is never like this.

"Liam, who was that?" I ask him, rubbing his shoulder to comfort him.

"D-d-d-danielle. Sh-sh-she" hiccup "T-t-told me h-h-horibble s-s-stuff." He was shaking up a storm.

"Liam, I can help you. Take all the time you need, and when you're ready, you can tell me what happened."

I felt him nod underneath my chin and I sighed. It kills me to see him like this.

It takes about half an hour for him to calm down, but his sobs became short sniffles, and I patted his back as he sat up straight. We sat in silence as he stared blankly at the floor.

"Liam, what happened?" I ask softly.

He looks as if he's going to start crying again, but he shook it off.

"I asked her to the dance. I wanted to actually dance with her, and be happy with each other in public. She became angry; cursing me out, telling me how stupid I am for thinking that. I tried kissing her, b-but she pushed me away. She told me,"This has gone far enough. I can't deal with this anymore. Bye Liam." and that's when you knocked on the door."

He looked at me with those big brown eyes of his. "Did she even have feelings for me? Was anything we did real?"

"Of course it was. Maybe she's having a bad day. Give it time."

"I don't have enough time for anything anymore. I think I want to take a nap. Clear my head. If I need anything I'll go fetch you, okay?"

I nod and pat his back some more as I stand up. I wave as I open and walk out his door.

I walk down the hallway and soon enough I make it outside the dormitory building. I start heading over to the school garden, which I barely found out about. It's beautiful there; cherry blossom trees, rose bushes, fresh herbs and flowers, it takes my breath away. I'm glad I still have my drawing notebook.

I make it to the entrance of the garden, which is a large metal gate covered in vines. It gives a strong natured look.

I make my way under my favorite cherry blossom tree. I sit down and rest my back against the trunk. It's tall, with the perfect wood for the shaft, and the last tree with all it's flowers still attached. It refuses to give in to the winter weather, which amazes me.

Why does it keep fighting? Why does it even bother trying? In the end, winter is the bigger being and is going to take out every tree it can take. But this particular tree is still going strong. How? I mean, the tree knows it's going to lose it's flowers soon enough. I just don't understand.