omar epps | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴: "𝗜𝘀 𝗜𝘁 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗬𝗼𝘂" 𝗯𝘆 𝗧𝗲𝗱𝗱𝘆 𝗥𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘆 & 𝗧𝗮𝗺𝗺𝘆 𝗟𝘂𝗰𝗮𝘀

"𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶'𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝘅𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝘂𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹. 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶'𝗺 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?..."

𝗖𝗬𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗔𝗘 pulled the hood of her jacket off of her ginger box braids as she took her seat in the back of the classroom, a seat she sat in nearly all the time.

(A/N: pronounced 'sigh-ruh-nay')

Cyrenae was the type of girl who didn't really like a lot of attention. she liked to be unnoticed and in the shadows - kind of like a loner. she didn't like to be bothered by a lot of people, only by the ones she knew, which wasn't a lot due to her lack of friends and her siblings and cousins graduating before her.

she was labeled as a quiet girl, which created a new nickname for her: "quiet one." however, there were a group of 4 students who managed to keep her company, but one loved to bother her the most.

their names were Raheem, Roland - who was referred to as Bishop, Eric - who was referred to as Steel, and Quincy - who was referred to as Q by his peers. despite all of them bothering her numerous times, Quincy was the one who always tried to get Cyrenae to talk. the young man took interest in the young woman, and he didn't stop at anything to hear her voice. sometimes he'd even ask rhetorical questions just to hear her answer sarcastically.

Cyrenae didn't know what was so intoxicating about the way she spoke, but it seemed to pull Quincy in, so she never questioned it.

Cyrenae was attracted to Quincy as well, but she was better at hiding it than he was. she'd often catch the male staring at her while class was being taught, and sometimes she'd meet his gaze and they'd end up staring at each other before sheepishly smiling and looking away. Quincy's friends bullied him for his crush on the quiet woman, claiming that he'd never get a chance to date her. but Quincy knew he could get her. he just needed to make his move.

the two young adults had feelings for each other, but neither of them knew how to confess them.

raising her head from her desk at hearing 4 familiar voices close to the propped-open door of the classroom, Cyrenae pushed her braids away from her face as she watched the 4 teens enter the room, smiles on all of their faces while they engaged in a conversation filled with laughter and jokes.