devanté swing | 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫.

- heard the streets was feenin' for another DeVanté chapter. 🌝

- inspired by pimpcessed's book "vanté's secrets||imagines" because she gave me a taste for ToxicVanté. 🫦

𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴: "𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿" 𝗯𝘆 𝗟𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘆 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝗲

"𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘂𝗽, 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲

"𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘂𝗽, 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲. 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲? 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴? 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁?..."

𝗞𝗜𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗔 laid in bed as her phone heavily buzzed on her bedside table, biting down on her lip and gripping the comforter covering her body to resist the temptation of answering her phone. it was around 3 A.M. and once she had finally drifted off to sleep, her phone jolted her awake. she knew it was no one other than DeVanté, and she tried her hardest not to fall into his arms for the millionth time.

Kierra and DeVanté's history wasn't too much. he was just too toxic for her liking. he didn't cheat, no. he was just... too unhealed to be in a relationship due to the arguments, accusations, and gaslighting.

Kierra did just fine without him though, and she managed to get back onto her feet. however... that didn't stop DeVanté from popping back up into her life. 2 months after they broke up, he texted one of the most infamous lines in relationship history: "i miss you."

Kierra held her ground and refused to feed into his antics, but not for very long. how did she fold? after DeVanté had called her phone for the fourth time, Kierra picked up the phone to tell him to leave her alone, but what he said next left her stuck due to the tone of voice he used.

"you tellin' me you don't miss me, baby? hm?" in the most seductive way he could possibly speak. how was Kierra not supposed to fold from the sound of his low voice? and in that tone... the tone that could make any woman drop to her knees... she stood no chance against him.

after that phone call, Kierra became brainwashed, and she fell right back into his arms. because of this slip-up, Kierra was now trapped in a cycle: she'd say she was done with him, then she'd get brainwashed, become weak in the knees, and end up in his bed, and the cycle repeated itself. her friends would label them as fuck buddies because of this, but she couldn't help but fall into his arms due to how good his sex was. it left her attached... FEENIN', if you will.