Chapter 5

Someone's P.O.V.

I walk threw the tunnels, and find myself at the Star Cave. I breath in the scent of starlight and ancient rocks. The breeze blows through my dark umber hair and I can feel the stars shine in my silver eyes!

Our Tribe Herb-User follows behind me. Her grass green eyes and sandy hair had given her the name of Flower.

Flower came in front of me and called out to the stars, "Tribe of Diamond Stars! I Summon you tonight to name the new leader of the Tribe of Safire Waters! Come forth to our new leader who has proceeded our former leader! Oh spirits if fallen tribe members, welcome and approve of our new leader!" Then Flower whispered into my ear, "Go and lay in the moonlight of the cave roof opening! And shall you be a great leader to proceed Hail!"

I nod and lay under the moonlight, feeling my eyes droop with shadows, not starlight like they were supposed to! But this did not panic me. I found the shadows very comforting and I knew that since I am a Dark Spirit, I will not be visited my the tribe's heavenly ancestors, but by the Dark Forest, where I have been training for countless moons.

If our former leader, Hail, had known that I was a Dark Spirit, then she wouldn't of chosen me as deputy. But then, she also had other reasons, but she didn't find them out until the very end.

I had told the tribe that our former deputy, Tiger, and I, had gotten ambushed by a group of rogues, and that is how Tiger dies. But the truth was, I killed Tiger! He was a worthless deputy and it was time for me to take his place!

So Hail had chosen me to be the next deputy, partly due to me being her daughter, though she only told me that. But her closeness to me was a fatal mistake! I purposely drove her under a rock fall last night that killed her, making me the new leader!

Anyhow, I was swept in by darkness and I opened my eyes to the Dark Forest! I considered this place home now, as I knew my way around here like I knew the hatred for my half brother Riverstar, who is leader of the Crystal Sky Tribe. Filthy half breed! He shares a father with me, but his mother was from the Crystal Sky Tribe! I'm just lucky he hasn't discovered that I'm his Dark Spirit yet!

Riverstar is the Rage Spirit of Water. He also has a full brother named Blue, who lives in the pale face territory now and is what I think is called a 'Pokedex Holder' I think it was. But Blue is the Rage Spirit of Ice! By since they are identical twins, they share a Dark Spirit, who is me! It's really unfair! Two against one isn't cool! But now that I train in the Dark Forest, I have allies to go up against them when the time comes! For the battle is drawing near, and every Dark Spirit shall be called to fight!

But back to the present, I stand up and walk towards where my mentor, Scarlet, is standing, waiting for me.

Scarlet grins slyly, "Welcome, new leader of the Waters! I hope you are prepared to receive your right if passage as a leading Dark Spirit!" She hisses!

I nod, "Yes, I am, my master. I am prepared for anything!"

Scarlet hisses, "You must take into your hands the training of a new Dark Spirit! I have one ready for you, though for the first moon, go easy on him, for he had a broken ankle in the waking world, and you know how injures from here can become real down below!"

I nodded. When I had first come here, I had gotten a large slash across the face, and when I woke up, the slash was still there! If the new one hurt himself here, he wouldn't recover in time to fight!

Then Scarlet jesters me to follow her, and she speaks normally as we walk, "You will know this young man from long ago. Do you remember when your father was forced to leave the tribe with his two sons, but leave you behind?"

I shrugged, "A little bit. It's mostly a blurred vision now."

Scarlet grinned slyly again, "Well, I found your brother who has silver eyes like you, unlike your brother Ridge with green eyes."

We enter the meadow and I wince at the sunlight. When my eyes adjust, I see a boy with silver eyes and blood red hair. He's just sitting on a rock, looking at the sky.

Then he looks over to me and grins, "Oh my! I haven't seen you in 14 year sis! And yet we meet here!"

I grin too and the words pop out of my mouth, "Yes. It has been a long time Silver! And now we can see each other nightly! And you might see Ridge as well!"

Silver nods, "Yep! And also, Scarlet told me you would be my Dark Spirit mentor. So what exactly IS a Dark Spirit?"

I look over to Scarlet for answers, and she explains what we always tell the new bees, "A Dark Spirit is a person who is meant to keep their Rage Spirit under control. With out us, the Rage Spirits would go out of control and harm others! But the reason for us calling you here is because you are the Dark Spirit of the Light Rage Spirit. But he and the 16 other of the Rage Spirits are planning to over throw the power of us Dark Spirits! You must learn to master your powers and learn the techniques of darkness, and destroy your Rage Spirit before he destroys you!"

Silver looked a little taken back, "You brought me here so I could learn how to kill?!"

Scarlet sighed, "It's for the safety of the world Silver! I didn't like it either, but I was taught my lesson the hard way. My Rage Spirit killed me when I was defenseless! Now my spirit walks in other Dark Spirit's dreams, to prevent the same thing from happening to them!"

Silver shivered, "If that is my destiny, then I shall train!"

I grinned as well, "Good. And one more thing! Mention nothing of any of our meetings to anyone in the waking world! If anyone finds out, we shall be lost in the world forever!"