Chapter 19

Gold's P.O.V.

I blinked my eyes open and liked around in confusion.

I was in a cave. It was dark, the stars didn't show in the outside sky, and the scent of death was everywhere...

The Dark Forest!

I tried to stand up, but I was pulled back down by something around my neck and I sat back down. I looked to find that a heavy metal chain was embedded in the cave wall. I followed the Chain up to my neck, where it was connected to a heavy iron band around my neck. The shackle dug into my flesh painfully, and I gritted my teeth.

Why was I here?

Silver's P.O.V.

I wake up and stretch. My leg feels a little itchy, and I look down at it.

The cast was gone, so someone must of taken it off.

I look around and almost jump out of my skin when I see Archer watching me. His stare gives me the creeps!

Archer chuckled, "Good Morning, Master Silver. How are you feeling this morning?"

I yawned a bit, "I'm still a bit tired from yesterday."

Amber had dragged me back to the Team Rocket base last night after escaping to the Dark Forest and had blabbed out everything to Archer. Luckily, no one else heard, but who knows if he told anyone.

"I would expect that. But that's the price you pay for going off with the enemy." He said, "But you won't have time to rest today. We have to get you ready. Your sister contacted me over the PokeGear last night, and I think it's time you become an actual Rocket. According to Storm, you have had enough training to be a Rocket Grunt. But you are also very powerful as a trainer. So... The other Executives and I have been wondering... Do you think you are ready to become the leader of Team Rocket?"

I was a little bit shocked, "Me? Team Rocket's leader?" I asked. I couldn't believe this! I had only been her for what... A month maybe? And they already want me to become their leader!

Archer nodded, "Yes. Giovanni has been missing for a long time. Perhaps it is time for us to accept that he won't be coming back to Team Rocket. And you are the rightful Heir of Team Rocket. As Giovanni's son, you are next in line to take the role of our leader. So... What do you say? Will you take the Team Rocket crown?"

I was silent for a moment, then I sighed, "Could you give me some time to think about it? I need to go clear my head somewhere..."

"Too many things on your mind?" He asked, and I nodded, "Very well Master Silver. But please make your decision soon. If you decide yes, then we must get you ready for the crowning. Feel free to leave the building for a bit if you need." Archer then left the room, leaving me alone.

I took out Weavile's Pokeball and let him out, "Weavile. Teleport." I said, once I was dressed in my normal clothes. I know that Weavile can't learn Teleport, but the Shadow Triad took him out for a bit of training, and he came back knowing the move.

Weavile grabbed my hand and nodded. The lights started to swirl and soon everything became pitch black.

•••

We reappeared in the Viridian Forest. I looked around and breathed in the scents of the forest...

Forest...

Crystal...

Why did it have to be HER who was the Rage Spirit? I would rather die than have her as an enemy.

'But you already have her as an enemy Silver.'

'Buzz off Storm! I'm busy!' I mentally growled.

Storm popped out of the bushes, "Calm down Silver. I understand that you're under a lot of stress right now. And part of that is my fault."