Six: Lovers Lake

I sat with my knees tucked to my chest, looking at the remains of the squashed slug. Eddie hadn't said a word. The air was cold, night fall had come and the others hadn't radioed in. Eddie sighs, he gets up and walks towards me.

"Can I ah, sit with you?".

"Yeah, sure."

Eddie sits down next to you, he bites his lip, looking nervous.

"So... You were a cheerleader huh?".

"Hm, ah yeah, I was. I moved back to Hawkins after my father died. I don't know where my mom is. So here I am. Living with dusty buns".

Eddie giggles. "Dusty buns?"

"Oh yeah, Susie. Dustin's girlfriend calls him that, I tease him with it all the time".

"Not cool Henderson." Eddie punches my shoulder lightly. "So ah, how come you followed through with the DND blackmail?". He says, spinning his ring around his finger.

"I actually don't know. I guess, I wasn't really ready to cheer Infront of the entire school. Or see Steve yet."

"Okay so what is the deal with you and Harrington then?".

"Well, honestly Eddie. Your guess is as good as mine".

We sat in silence a few moments passed. I could feel my eyes grow heavy. I look up to Eddie, he's watching me. He doesn't say a word. He opens his arms putting his left hand on my shoulder pulling me into him.

He lightly brushes my hair, a few sweeps and I fall asleep.

****

"Where are you freak?!"

I open my eyes and gasp. Eddie is sound asleep, I shake him whispering.

"Eddie. Eddie!" He wakes in a fright. I press my hand over his mouth.

"Listen.."

"WE KNOW YOU'RE HERE FREAK".

"Fuck.." I rush over to the paddle boat and push the doors open.

"Eddie get in! And go!". Eddie gets in the boat and paddles out to the lake. Jason bursts the door open.

"Where is he y/n. Where's the freak".

"He's not here Jason. Go home".

"Then why are you here?".

"Jason!" Jason runs out the shed and spots Eddie on the lake.

I run after them. Holding onto Jason's jacket. He strips and runs into the lake with Patrick. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" I scream.

Fuck. Steve. I run back into the shed and call in a code red. Running back to the water I see Patrick levitated in the air and Eddie screaming in the boat.

"EDDIE GET OUT OF THERE!" I scream. Eddie started paddling back to the shore line. Patrick's bones started to snap.

"HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT." Eddie's screaming, the boat hits the dirt, I grab Eddie's wrist and we run through the woods.

"Shit where do we go?!" Eddie yells as cop lights show up behind us.

"Skull rock. Steve can find us there!."