Nine: Creel House

It had been a day since Max's close call. Nancy and Robin told us of their findings. Nancy's shot in the dark actually worked out. We met at the boat house Eddie was held up in, the cops had finally decided it was a dead end, Dustin and I planned to move Eddie to where he kept dart at nightfall when we all goto the creel house. We also talked about how I could get into the same trance as max.

What the mysterious man, who Dustin and Eddie had named Vecna, had said. As far as I could remember I had no connection to this..thing. But who's to know. After everything that happened. My past was a blur. All I had was that light that was now Steve and Eddie.

The gang was planning, Eddie and I stood at the window staring out to the lake. "Music huh?" He says softly. He sounded defeated.

"Yeah, I guess, it acts as a life line".

"Well. I wish I knew that before Chrissy, well you know, became a decoration on my roof... Sorry, this shit does things to me".

"It's fine. ."

"So ah. Since we know it's music maybe we should tell each other our favorite songs ya know. Just in case". Eddie suggests.

"Sure well ah. Mine. Would be Master of Puppets. ."

"Metallica? Wow ah. I didn't expect that." Eddie says cheerfully.

"I am full of surprise's Munson, and you?".

"Ah mine would have to be The last in line by-"

"Dio" my interuption brought a smile to Eddie's face. "Exactly".

We stay silent for a few moments before Eddie looks over and see's Steve watching us.

"Does he know?".

"Yeah. He uh, actually told me to explore it actually".

"Well, why don't you".

I shrug. "I just. Don't want to be that person ya know. Like I want you both. But I can't have that so I have to choose. I just".

"Don't know who yet". Eddie's words were sad.

"I like you Eddie. I really do I just-"

"Don't want to be with the freak?".

"You're not a freak Eddie".

He scoffs. "Everyone calls me that, even Dustin, so it must be true".

I hug him. "it's not. You aren't a freak. And even if you were. I'd love to be with Eddie the freak Munson."

Eddie hugs back. "thank you princess. Guess you just gotta decide between the hair and the freak right." He lets go, shurging his shoulders tucking his hands into his pockets of his vest and walks towards the group.

As we approached creel house, I couldn't stop thinking about what Eddie said

As we approached creel house, I couldn't stop thinking about what Eddie said. We left him in the celler at dutsins house. The rest of the gang went to creel house.

"Man this places gives me the creeps". I say

"It's alright I'll protect you." Steve winks. I roll my eyes and smile.
I pull at the door. "locked".

"Goo thing I found a key". Robins smiling holding a brick. She shoos us with her hand away from the door and launches the brick through the window. Steve reaches through and unlocks the door.

We step inside and everyone, besides steve, takes out a flashlight.

"Where'd everyone get those?".

"Do you have to be told everything Steve?" Dustin says. He scoffs.

"Steve. You're not a child. Back pocket." He turns and Steve starts rummaging through his backpack.

"So I heard, how are you feeling?" Robin says.

"Honestly I don't know".

"Well, given the history Steve's the perfect choice right? Well I mean, Eddie is great too and I think you guys would be fine but-"

I start walking towards the end of the hall where a grandfather clock is sat against the wall. Max and I look at each other.

"That's it." We say in sync. I reach out and touch the clock. A fast series of visions of children, and the hauntings that happened in this house. I snap back and Steve's holding my shoulders shouting my name.

"We're definitely in the right place".

"That's not all." Dustin says. His flashlight was flickering, then robins, then Nancy's.

"It's vecna, he's here". Everyone's torches stopped.

"Alright, we need to split up and see if we can find him". Steve suggests.

"Right". Steve and I part from the group. We end up upstairs in the attic. Everything was still left where it was. Steve picks up a jar with dead black widows in it.

He jumped, stepping back into rubbish on a shelf. Everything toppling over him. Spiders and their webs went all through his hair. He pat himself down furiously. I giggle.

"Steve Harrington, you've faught with Demogorgons, demodogs, the mind flayer and Russians and yet, you're scared of a spider?". I giggle.

"Yeah well I can't be a hero all the time". He says grumpily.

"How's Eddie?" He asks.

"Well I've told him and he's cool with it".

"Yeah, I'm really ah- nevermind".

Steve turns away from me examining the objects. I pick spider webs from his hair and position myself in front of him.

"Steve."

He looks at me with a soft expression, and brushes the hair from my face. Cupping my cheek.
Steve pulls me in for a kiss.

The door brusts open. It's Dustin. "Aw gross um, shit. I think we found vecna".