Old friends

For your surprise the streets were filled with people chatting and eating different traditional dishes. The shops were located in colorful tents. In the first tent you could purchase the promised mask. There were so many different masks.. you also saw ones that belonged to Fatui agents lying on the table.

You entered after buying two. Live music was played creating a safe space. The amount of people was suprising. Scaramouche grabbed your waist and pulled you to his body, he was making sure not to loose you.

His grip got stronger as soon as he saw members of the Arataki Gang.

What both of you didn't know was Kazuhas presents accompanyed by Lumine. He couldn't forgive himself for leavening you aside like trash. He knew he would always prefer Lumine but backstabbing you for her sake also felt wrong.

He wanted to help you.. he wanted to come back to the delusion factory and sneak in but who knew you would be right in front of him. Now he had one mission, to be unseen till there would be a great chance to snatch you. He was fully aware that the man with you was responsible for his families fate and the downfall of the Kaedehara clan. Which showed his incredible strength, counting the fact that the clan was known for the isshin art. A powerful technique back then.

Well, Kazuha wasn't fast enough this time or just the coincidence that Sara appeared and created chaos.

It was only a matter of time till she would appear. She was after Itto nothing more...

"ITTO, ONES AGAIN I-." She was interrupted by a tall muscular man smiling like an idiot.

"Ey, ey, ey Sara my lovely friend and rival. Do you want to join our celebration?" He stepped vis a vis facing her.

A crowd of people surrounded the executive of the Shogun and the leader of the gang. You and Scaramouche were standing in this croud.

You looked over to Scaramouche who was smiling at this spectacle. This was the reason he wanted to visit the festival. To watch the faithfully dog of the Shogun fight the Oni who broke two rules at ones. He organized a festival and he owned a vision.

"Who don't want to be arrest may leave NOW." She screamed symbolizing that she was deadass about it. For your surprise almost no one took her words seriously and continued eying Itto. Everyone was seeking this moment and wanted to see them fight.

Someone in the crowd started to hype Itto up creating an uncontrolled mass screaming. "ITTO, ITTO, ITTO, ITTO." The crowd was insane. Don't get everyone wrong. Some respected her order and left immediately trying to avoid consequences.. however, you stayed still under the grip of Scaramouche who seemed to give a shit about her words.

"Itto, back off. Either you give me your vision and surrender or I will take it away with violence." The tall Oni stretch out his arm grinning like an idiot. "Let's the show begin. No one can beat me."

He flexed his muscles and waved to the screaming crowd.

How can she be stronger than this guy. It is nearly impossible to beat this muscle man.. you thought but for your surprise the fight didn't last long. The woman forced Itto on his knees and easily took his vision.

The mass got quite... seeing that Itto had been defeated scared them. More and more people started to run causing agitation, at this point they were shoving each other to the ground. A tall man ran against you two laughing as soon as he withnessed Scaramouches height. This wasn't the best idea he had in his short life because it found an end now.

Scaramouche pulled a small sword out stabbing the guy in his chest. He screamed in pain. "Bleed to death bastard." He replied cold to his groans.

Again this was such a dumb decision... now people started to scream and run even more pulling the attention on you two.

And of course Sara noticed you. She was done with Itto and had a new target in front of her eyes. "Okay listen [y/n], tight your grip around my waist and close your eyes. Do not let go or look up." You did nothing for someone seconds thinking about the situation. His words passed your ears. "Are you deaf or just stupid?" This was the sign for you to immediately react to his request. More problems today weren't an option.

Your grip around his slim waist was strong. He was so thin and fragil as if he was a doll. Yet he had no scars or injuries from his deadly job as a Harbinger.

Electricity hit the ground. You two teleported away.

The whole time one person watched you and it was no one else than Kazuha. He left Lumine aside who was scared for Ittos life. She ran over to him checking his condition. "I have lost." Itto whispered. "I DO NOT HAVE MY VISION ANYMORE. NOOOO..." he slammed his hands on the ground.

Kazuha on the other hand followed you two. He wasn't as fast but still fast enough to notice a thin line of elemental energy leading to Scaramouches apartment. Only a few people could control this technique and Kazuha was one of them.

What seemed impossible for others seemed easy to him. You can managed to fulfill everything as long as you choose the right timing. This was Kazuhas mindset and since he was sure in himself right now he wouldn't go back on it.

But he made one mistake that should have been avoided... not telling anyone where he went. Now if he fails his fate would be beaten in stone. Die or stay alive...

Death that he escaped last time... fate can't be changed and if someone interrupts their fate it will lead to even more consequences. Consequences that are harsh and rough. So rough that they would cut everyone if they faced them.

*

"So [y/n] it is late. It had been a long long colorful day. Sleep now." Scaramouche placed his hand on your forehead making your mind fade away. Something heavy ran down your eye lids and you fell asleep holding his waist. You weren't even in the house yet so he had to carry you in his arms.

"Sleep [y/n], sleep." He whispered in your ear. "You look so beautiful when you are sleeping..."

..."breathing calm almost as if you are dead".

You were the doll in his arms hanging along his strings without a destiny just for the sake of the moment.

An idea came up his mind. What if he would kill you and keep you behind a glass coffin for ever. To watch this calm face expression lightly smiling.

You found yourself at the familiar beach again. This time you tried to avoided stepping into the water. Knowing that last time the harmless blue liquid turned red. This was just your dream but you haven't figured out what the purpose of a repeating location was.

Your tries to fight the dream weren't successful... again the sea took the shape of a massacre. The familiar deep red returned. The air was filled with the scent of blood.

This time the silhouette of the man was clearly recognizable as Scaramouche.
Without a dagger but with his arms wide open.

You didn't even try to fight him. His embrace felt sharp and painful.. nothing more. You two were surrounded by the red liquid standing still in the embrace.

Suddenly you were dragged out of this deadly hug by someone's voice. First you heard the voice from fare away but soon it was centimeters away.

"[y/n], ... [y/n] wake up.. it's me Kazuha."

[This chapter is a little bit rushed since I am not in my homeland right now.)