Truth

"Well, how should I start?" A rhetorical question asked to cover up the seconds of silence. Childe exactly knew what he wanted to tell you.

"Kunikuzushi... this days known as Scaramouche was abandoned by his mother, the electro archon. Alas, she considered him as unworthy and weak. This lead him down a dark path where he learned to hate and despise others. You know him.. he turned out to be some sort of monster.. someone who would gladly challenge the gods." Childe took a little break. "Maybe he even beholds the powers of a god."

Childe's story wasn't a lie.. however, some key facts were left out.. but how would he know them since they were hidden behind the mask of this monster, a ruthless, heartless deity.

'Scaramouche' also known as 'The Balladeer' was a facade created by himself to hide the weak little guy who was left alone in the past. In fact, he was trapped, trapped behind this facade. It consumed him and drove him to new ups and downs... ups and downs that never included betrayals. He gladly accepted his new fate since it allowed him to express the hatred he felt against humanity and the godhood.

But for now he was a Harbinger fulfilling his duties.

Childe was not telling you all of this out of nothing.  He still felt guilty that you ended up here. That he robbed your dignity and sanity by accidentally allowing you to met Scaramouche.

"Among the Fatui he is hated and many Harbingers make fun of him for being a puppet."

"A puppet?" You stared into Childe's ocean blue eyes. "He is not a human being...?" in disbelief you moved away. A puppet caused all this pain, unbelievable. As if this story wasn't absurd enough this fact really gave you the chills.

"What's wrong?" Childe asked confused. "I gave you the information you desired..."

"No, this can't be... his skin.. his movements... he can't be a puppet."

Deep down you knew that his look was too flawless to be real and his indigo eyes seemed cold and empty the whole time.. as if he was a doll.

Still, Childe was another Harbinger. Even if he was claiming to be your friend any information he gave you for free should be taken with extra caution.

"What are you two doing here?" You bumped against Scaramouche while backing away. His voice filled the huge hallway. 

"I-.. We." A cold arm grabbed your shoulder.

"Did he hurt you? You look so frightened, like a little bunny who just tried to escape a wolf." Scaramouche started over at Childe visible annoyed by his presence.

Childe turned around and walked away without loosing another word. You could hear each of his footsteps in the distance. The footsteps taking away the truth..

What will you do now.. now that you know the truth.. reality is way too foolish. His skin fells real. You pricked the hand which was resting on top of your shoulder ignoring any consequences that you could possibly face.

As a response Scaramouche grabbed your hand and pulled it down. "Why the fuck are you pricking me? Don't get to comfortable just because you were useful for once."

You turned around to face him, to look him in his crystal clear eyes and you realize once again that you were just a toy for him... you are not a person in his eyes...

The toy of a heartless puppet, ironic, isn't it? It angered you.. that a puppet caused you this pain. Not even a human being.. and the worst part was that this made him immortal. He seemed to be eternal and the last hope to kill him faded.

Your suffering was just a raindrop on top of a hot stone. Who knows how many victims this psychopath had or will continue to have.

Instead of returning to the gathering Scaramouche took you to another place almost outside the castle.

It was a conservatory with different plants inside. You once questioned whether "exotic" plants grew inside this frozen borders. Now you got the answer, yes they do.

Lemon trees welcomed you at the entrance. The Fatui agent who was standing next to the conservatory and guarding it stepped aside as soon as he noticed who he had 'the honor' to meet.

You two entered.

"Look around." Scaramouche raised his voice. "Those plants exist perfectly within a cage, even if it's cold outside they continue to bloom here." He lowered his voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

What was he trying to imply through this..

Note:

Sorry that this chapter is so far the shortest but I had no patience to finish it as a whole but at the same time wanted to show you this.

I promise that I will publish the next one till Friday. Don't forget to vote so I can see if you like it or not (: