Disaster

The next thing you got among the clothing was a piece of old fabric.
"Please wipe your tears. I don't really know your story, but you don't seem like someone who wants to talk."

You slowly took the fabric, dabbing your slightly wet cheeks.

The envy you felt was telling you to take away the happiness of that girl, to stab her loving father. Your sick thoughts were telling you that no one should have what you did not get.

Still, you managed to hold your "temper" and ask if you could stay for a night. Certainly the man agreed, he even offered you to stay as long as you wanted and to use the old room of his eldest son.

"He's a kind guy, I don't think he would be mad if you used his dorm for one night." The old man smiled boldly. "He is supposed to come over for breakfast tomorrow, maybe you two will get along."

A Fatuus? Never- you thought. You would rather rip out his eyes and pin his chopped head on a wooden stick than have a peaceful conversation.

"So about dinner. Would you like to join our family or have it alone in 'your' room? I understand that you might feel uncomfortable and even intimidated by us strangers."

His offer was kind and you personally preferred to eat alone, since you saw yourself as a threat to that family. They might end up as breakfast if you had to watch them act so caring with each other.

"You are right, it's embarrassing for me to intrude your family.. I would prefer to eat alone."

The man just nodded and pointed at the door of the room.

You entered the shabby door to find a rustic decorated room. A bed, a small table with some papers on it and a small window with old velvet curtains.

There were no photos or signs of the person who supposed to live here.

This room hasn't been used in years.
Good for them, that you did not know who the son was. You'd feel bad while killing him if you memorized his face.

At least a little, you thought.

After some minutes the little girl brought you supper. Piroschki.

Those backed 'dumplings' reminded you of the time Childe offered you some on the human trafficking ship.

Snezhnayans were so simple. Compared to the food you ate during your stay in the castle this wasn't fancy at all, yet tasty.

You squeezed tight onto the one you were holding. They reminded you of the pain you felt on that doomed ship.

Finishing one was enough for now, how could you sit here without a decent plan and eat food offered by strangers.

After some hours went by you decided to act extra silent since the noises outside became louder.

You didn't plan on running against the Fatui tired and weak, as well as without the delusion you stole.

You just had the dagger that you kept hidden under your clothing.

In case these really were soldiers outside and not other family members discussing something.

After listening to these suspicious voices for an unknown period of time your attention was caught by a quiet sobbing outside the room. The other voices fell silent after the front door was brutally slammed.

Checking the stuff you left outside the room earlier was your priority, just in case someone touched it. In the first place you shouldn't leave such important stuff 'far away' from you.

Dense mistakes you made since you felt 'safe' for a second.

It felt like eternity till the house was covered in deadly silence but as soon as it was you took your chance and sneaked out.