Calm water

This voice... you must be dreaming. There was no way he returned.

"[y/n], please just wake up." You whiteness the familiar voice again. No it must be a dream.. to start of with why should he come back.

Something started to shake your whole body. You slowly opened your eyes. It was indeed Kazuha standing in front of you, his arms on your shoulders. You gave him a disgusted look. He immediately noticed the change in your expression. Just seconds ago your face was calm, lightly smiling. There was always the chance that you wouldn't welcome him and he knew this but the glance you gave him was painful.

"What do you want?" You pulled the blanket higher covering your collarbone. "Kazuha." You whispered scornful.

"Listen [y/n]. I know I did something dumb and-." You interrupted his sentence. "Dumb? Don't be pathetic, you.. out of all people betrayed me. I trusted you blindly. You stole my last trust and took my freedom." He was standing there without any words. Your sudden reply was sharp and unexpected. He never thought that a person who always submitted could say such words. Maybe he had the wrong impression of you.

"Yes and I'm sorry about that. So I returned to help you out,  ..This time for real." He gave you a soft smile.

"To help me? Are you sure... aren't you just trying to feed your guilt ridden brain. I noticed how it eats you from inside."

Again... he was stunned.

"Don't you want to come with me?" He asked you quit. A psychotic laugh left your lips. "So you betray me again? No thank you, I'm good on my own."

At this point he just eyed you. Not loosing a single word. This wasn't the outgoing he planned.. this was worse than the worst case scenario he created.

Maybe you were brainwashed? He though. This must be the only right answer for your behavior.

Brainwashed? No you weren't, you were visibly insulted by his appearance, that he returned and claimed that it was for your sake while it wasn't.

"In first place, how tf did you even got in."

"He got in because I wanted it so." Both, you and Kazuha turned your head to the familiar voice.

It was no one else than Scaramouche smirking like an idiot.

Kazuha stepped back. "You"... Scaramouche looked over to Kazuha. "Me? I thought you'd be smarter. Unfortunately you are nothing alike your great grandfather." He stopped his sentence thinking about something. "Maybe I'd let you stay alive if you would be like him. I showed mercy at the delusion factory but now I will keep my word."

You eyed Kazuha trying to read his mind. "You can fight back of course. The question would just be if it is necessary. You know exactly you are weak and that you stand no chance against me." Scaramouche laughed.

You looked over to Scaramouche who enjoyed this minutes before slaughter. It was clearly that he had set this up. He whitenessed Kazuha at the festival and made sure to guide him into his arms.

"[y/n], what do you think about the fact that I'm about to kill your friend." You looked down.  "He isn't my friend." You replied quietly.

"Oi, look at this." Scaramouche threw his hands in the air. "Now your death is even more pathetic." He walked towards Kazuha. "I want you to think about her words during your last minutes of your meaningless life." He grabbed Kazuhas kimono and pulled him near his face. Scaramouche placed his lips inches way from Kazuhas ear.

"The reason you came here doesn't even acknowledge your tryings nor forgives you. May your soul never find a rest, dying every time with the same thoughts." He sighed, "you failed."

For your surprise Kazuha wasn't even fighting back. He stand still letting the humiliation sink in.

"I don't forgive him but please let him go... he did nothing wrong." You suddenly said. Scaramouche was surprised because of your words. "He entered my house without permission, that's a crime." He laughed again.

Wrong person to talk about crimes.. he basically kidnapped you and denied your freedom.

Either you... nor Kazuha couldn't react in this moment. Scaramouche simply knocked Kazuha out. You stared at the scenario in front of your eyes without loosing a single word. "Since you always wanted a vision." Scaramouche ripped of Kazuhas anemo vision. "Why not gifting you one."

"Absolutely not-". You weren't able to refuse this 'gift' because he simply stood up and grabbed your arm. He opened your shut fist and pushed the vision into your hand. "Take my kind gift, at some point your great friend will be forever with you now. At least his gone ambition."

"What are you going to do to him." You pointed at the lying body. "If you are so interested in it I will take you with me. We have this pretty lake behind my house." You slowly started to get where this was going... was he about to drown the poor guy?

Even if you wanted to hate Kazuha with your whole heart... you weren't able. You could never forgive him but death seemed unfair in your eyes. He grabbed Kazuha and threw him over his shoulder. Exactly like that one disgusting agent did it to you.

With his free hand he reached after your hand and pulled you out with him. You would have fought back but in the end it would be meaningless. As meaningless as Kazuhas action that signed up his destiny.

You three arrived at the lake... the water was calm and shiny. The morning sunshine gave the water a pretty color creating a harmonic atmosphere for a second.

Your whole surrounding was harmonic till Scaramouche decided to drop Kazuha to the ground and hit him in his face.

He simply slapped him into consciousness. His swollen face reminded you of yourself back then when you first met Scaramouche.

"Please Scaramouche... stop it." You squeezed Kazuhas vison. He sighed... "come here." He stopped hitting Kazuha for a second. Just to slap you hard across your face. "You look so dumb right now, screw it bitch." Tears rolled down your eyes. Now you really felt sorry for Kazuha.

"[y/n], it's fine." Kazuha groaned. "I chose it this way." He whispered closing his swollen eyes.

"Don't tell me you are going to cry over this pathetic traitor. You should be thankful right now." He dragged Kazuha to the calm water showing his head inside. The water around his face turned red. "How do you like the taste of this fresh cold water." Scaramouche pulled his head out. Just to drown him again.

This time he let him suffer longer pulling his head out in the right moment. Kazuha fidget, swallowed water and tried to pull his head up. Futile....

"Have mercy over him. Kill me instead." You cried out. Scaramouche rolled his eyes and pushed Kazuhas head back into the cold water. This time he didn't pull him up. He held him tight until he stopped moving.

"It looks like my work is done here. Do you want to have a better sight of my beautiful work?" You didn't respond, you looked through Scaramouche.. somewhere into nowhere.

He grabbed your waist and pushed you down. Now you were sitting next to him facing the motionless body. He wrapped his arm around you and placed your head on his chest.

"He would have died sooner or later. I just skipped the process of aging. Mortal beings are so fragile."

Please don't come after me for this chapter <3