Choices

You saw Scaramouche raising his arm

"1.500.000.000.... Anyone more?" ... Pantalone looked around, no one else was placing an offer.

"SOLD."

This deal wasn't pure and you knew it. Whyever he bought one of the two kids... the poor boy would suffer for decades... if he is lucky he would die fast.

"Sometimes I have to crash some stupid deals." Scaramouche started to explain himself. "Why waisting his potential if the Fatui can turn him into their personal dog." Scaramouche eyed the girl who was now standing alone on top of the podium.

Maybe the boy escaped his old fate and could start a new life as a fatui agent. You thought.

Even if this job screamed humiliation...

"A dog?" You repeated his words.

"Hmm, maybe a rabbit. Testing rabbits with magical resistance are pretty useful." You dropped your arm and sighed.. this little glowing sparkle with hope was a facade he created. He knew that deep down you wished that he wasn't as cruel as he seemed to be but he loved to share his true nature with small 'playful' reminders like this one.

Even it he was cracked from the inside he would never admit it nor show it to you...

From the corner of your eyes you saw his hand grabbing your hanging arm. He placed it on top of your thigh and started to gently rub your palm. "Now imagine if you would be one of them.. standing on that huge podium and eying the amused audience."

He paused. "And then." He leaned forwards ghosting your ear with his lips. "Then you would recognize the three silhouettes in this balcony. How would you react..." Your fingers wrapped around his dancing fingertips.

"I think the seconds of pain would be better than you who will most likely make decades out of seconds." You looked over to the backs of your parents.

"I thought you enjoyed it, don't you like the feeling of agony running down your spine?" He wrapped his free arm around your shoulder. "Because I like to see you in agony... darling."

He was the cause of your agony, tormenting you with every possible bit of traumatizing information he had about you.

After the girl was sold to a random person the auction reached its end. Everyone started to move to the lobby of this hotel. The guests were toasting the glasses as an agreement to another 'fantastic' auction.

Not a single person from your balcony moved. Either there was a secret privat show (which you doubt) or they wanted to leave unseen to avoid complications.

Scaramouches arm was  still resting around your shoulders. "Why aren't we leaving like all other guests?"

He just twitches his nose.
"Who am I to leave with the normal folk. That would be pure humiliation."

"Humiliation." You clicked your tongue. His definition of humiliation was simply odd and an insult to everyone he tortured and killed.

Your scornful replies and sounds drove him crazy. He simply wanted to break you again... your mind might be broken but you had plenty bones he could break and heal... just to break them again.

"Your cocky behavior should be expelled, simply erased out of your brain." He hissed into your ear. "You think I forgot that you forcefully kissed me in front of Ningguang." You turned your head to face him. His indigo eyes twitched a little as soon as he saw your eyes focused on his lips.

You didn't really want to kiss him but if it pissed him off... you figured that he already wanted to pain you in a way so you had nothing to lose.

But before you could tilt your head to the side he grabbed you by your collar and pulled you closer. Your chest met his.