Flashbacks

Kunikuzushi

A small figure without his own will. Thrown around by the people he assumed to love. Once abandoned by his creator for being to "weak".

"I AM NOT WEAK, MOTHER.. MOTHER CAN YOU HEAR ME." Lost words... loosing their sound somewhere in the dark.

"Ei... BEELZEBUL, I KNOW YOU HEAR ME." Unfortunately she didn't.. no one did. He was alone,

alone when he woke up from another painful dream.

Why did he tell you that name... he just connected himself with his past and forcefully remembered why he hated humans.

Those weak things with stupid emotions that got sick from a stupid wind-blow. He despised humans but at the same time envied how they were able to feel good emotions.. how they had a heart.

While he was with Dottore he saw many different hearts..

"What are those red things you take out of dead bodies?" Scaramouche asked.

"Well, do you remember the sound a human chest makes when the subject is alive. This thing here is the cause of it." Dottore placed the bloody heart into a big glass vial. Scaramouche eyed his movements slowly.

"Moreover, it keeps humans alive. You, my boy don't have one."

Dottore was a human himself.. a human with many faces. Those faces were everywhere and helped Scaramouche to mimic humans.. to creat a perfect mimicry that made everyone think that he is one of them.

He smiled when people expected him to, he laughed when someone said something "funny", he rolled his eyes to show his surrounding that he was annoyed... while not feeling anything.

He simply was the wolf in a sheep fur.

Dottore's violence soon started to poison him. With every sip he took of it, Scaramouche's rage grew.

He was a madman before getting into the Fatui, he killed just to see if humans can come back to life but Dottore made it worse.

With his influence he got the title of the Sixth Fatui Harbinger, a "loyal" servant to the throne.

The kid he took from the auction in Liyue... the kid with "potential"..

he simply forgot about it while dealing with you.

In the end the boy died without food and water. As soon as Scaramouche noticed its death, he simply twitched his shoulders and grabbed the empty vision attached to the boys clothes.

He was thinking.. could a vision be equal to a heart since it simply was a reflection of a human being.

Your assumption was wrong. The studies about obtaining a vision weren't about you, but how would you know that.. you barely remembered who you actually are.

Right now you were staring at the white fur coat an agent brought you. It was beautiful.. as beautiful as his indigo eyes.

You caught yourself blushing. At least you remembered how attractive Scaramouche was.

You finally decided to leave your past locked inside your brain for once and focus on finding out who Kunikuzushi was.

In the evening Scaramouche returned "home" again. His face was colorless even if the cold burned everyone's cheeks. You for example had glowing cheeks when you entered this mansion.

"Drink this.. it is... a Snezhnayen herb tea." He handed you over a small cup filled with a green liquid. The smell wasn't bad but something about it seemed weird.

However, you drank it till the last drop.. after you finished he placed his hand on top of your neck, just for a second.

"I want you to leave with me." He almost ordered. He pulled his hand away and walked to a chair grabbing your fur coat and throwing it over to you. "It is pretty cold at night."

You two left immediately as you got ready. Scaramouche was pulling you somewhere through the snowy woods that surrounded those blue mansions.

"Aren't you afraid we won't find the way back." You shivered.

"Shush." He answered cold and calm. "I am not dumb and it's better for your sake not to question it."

He was cold... not only his hand you were holding but his inside as well.

Something about it was oddly familiar but he didnt give you a chance to think about it twice pushing you deeper and deeper.

"Tell me, do you really don't remember me?" He stopped next to a huge fir-tree standing alone inside the glade of the forest.

Stars were shining down on you two.. his skin reflected the moonlight matching with the snow.

"I am sure of it." You replied confused.

Suddenly he pulled you down. You landed on your back under the fir. The snow was so soft...

After rudely pulling you down he wrapped his arms around your neck.

"Warm.." he mumbled. It was so quiet that you didn't notice it.. but you noticed something else.

His hands around your neck reminded you of something.. blurred pictures of him choking you returned.

Even if it hurt a little, you laughed and gently wrapped your arms around his neck as well. For the moment you tried to push your memories away. The stars in the sky looked like glowing souls of happy people that had to leave this world to early.

In this cold embrace you two watched some stars turning into meteoroids and flying above your heads.

People say that if you are lucky and see such a spectacle you should close your eyes and whisper a wish... but why. Maybe the people who caught such a burning star were gifted to live the last wish of the dead person...

You loved to believe this.. even if this could turn out as a foolish fairy tale in the end. Aren't fairy tales alive as long people believe in them?

Your breath started to get heavy with every move of his cold hands.

More and more memories returned.

He was the one behind your pain. He was the one who created those injuries. He was the one who made you go insane and brutally murder an agent..

"What's wrong." He whispered. "Scared?." His face appeared in front of your eyes.

His teeth were dangerous showing in his cruel smile.. his eyes sparkled as if they were about to light you up.

You felt his hand lightly grabbing your throat.. his nails performed a dance on your soft skin.

"Remembered who I am or are you just cold?"

You started to shake

"Scaramouche..."

Notes:

We finally halve through the story. Let me know if you enjoy it c: