Chapter 7

“I didn’t know you’re actually a scientist here, and you’re well known

“I didn’t know you’re actually a scientist here, and you’re well known.” You said, in a low voice unable to believe what you had learned from him. He is now strolling alongside you as you talk.

“Of course, I should be, so they won’t doubt me. You should make them believe that you are a medic and a resident from wall Sina or else all of us would be in trouble.” You only pouted him in response to his statement. It wasn’t that easy.

You watched him ride the carriage, and now he is now returning to the wall Sina to continue the negotiations for Mr. Groovy. “Take care, Y/N.” He said before closing the door.

You sigh deeply as you realize how difficult it will be to complete your mission. You are aware that Ackerman is not easily killed. You are now thinking that you may be staying here for a long while.

You head back now to the infirmary to continue your work. Even though you were struggling, the job was going well. As you’re walking in the hallway, from a distance you recoil uncontrollably when you see Levi walking towards your direction.

You then slower your pace looking for a way to avoid him. He wasn’t looking at you yet since he was talking to Hange about something else.

There’s a door at your side, so you’re taking this opportunity to hide. You quickly walk towards the door, and immediately reached for the knob. As you twist the knob; your heart beats faster, feeling so defeated when you found out the door was locked. Fuck!

“Y/N?” You almost jump in surprise as you heard Hange’s voice. You automatically fall back as you turn to look at them. “O-oh, you’re h-here.” You said trying not to sound stuttering, but it sounds like it. “What are you doing?” Hange questioned as she cast a bewildered gaze your way.

Continuously blinking, you try to think of any to reason out before realizing, why am I avoiding them? “Not particularly much. Haha” You clumsily chuckle while pretending to be innocent as you said.

When you met Levi’s eyes and staring at you intently, you immediately look away, the uneasiness feeling. “By the way, you want to come with us?” Hange then offered to you. You were surprised by it, so you asked, “Where?”

“To have dinner.” She said smiling. You halted, honestly you want to decline her offer but then you remembered what Elias said to you back then, “If they ask you something, just go along with them.”

You nodded in response to her, and it made her happy well you’re not. As you’re walking with them you can’t help but to cast a few glances towards Levi, the attack that you carried out last time has caused you uneasiness feelings.

You shook your head after coming with an idea that he might recognizes you, you’re convincing yourself that it was impossible, because your face was covered and there is no way he could recognize you.

As you walked inside the dining hall, you’ve suddenly got chills. All the scouts are here, if they know that you’re the one who attempted to kill Levi, their strongest soldier they will definitely come to your throat.

You took a deep sigh, okay, Y/N, don’t make an eye contact to anyone of them. You sat down next to Hange and on the other side is Erwin and in front of you are Levi and Mike. You gulp dryly in nervousness as you’re surrounded with these four leaders.

You’re heartbeat quickens, and you regret going with them.  Your hand starts to sweat, continue to convince yourself that it was only a dinner and nothing else, and they definitely don’t know that it was you.

Then you began eating, as they talk, when they asked something you simply replied and nodded in agreement. You remain silent as much as possible while you eat, you don’t want to converse with them, or you might spill accidentally your true intentions.

“Have you found any clues about your assailant Levi?” You nearly choke when Erwin asked out of the blue, but fortunately they didn’t notice because they keep talking.

Now that they are talking about you, at this point you’re now scared. Every task you’ve ever done has been easy, but this is the first time you’re ever felt this way. You’re feeling cornered.

“As soon as we identify that person, we should eliminate them since they posed a threat and we can’t afford for them to succeed lest we lose our Ackerman. So it’s best for us to take action before they could attack again.”

You heard Erwin said. Here, you’re contemplating suicide. You’re going to attack Levi and kill him, but then you’re going to die. But then you thought that it won't guarantee if you can kill Levi in one strike he was sharp. Damn it.

“By the way it’s from the attacker.” You turn your head to Levi as you watched him pulled something in his pocket. “Here…” You’re eyes widened looking at the familiar thing he put in the table.

“Did the attacker used that?” Hange asked. She took the dagger and stare at it closer. It’s fucking mine. You’re breathing hitches when she smells it.

You cast a wary glance her way as she appeared to have realized something. “It smells like woman, the owner of it is a woman.” She said looking at Levi. You gulp dryly not knowing Hange was as sharp as Levi. You’re now in big trouble; you’ve messed with the wrong people.

“Okay we will take care of that later. I know she won’t attack at this point, I'm sure of it. We will focus more in our upcoming expedition.” You don’t know what to do anymore, if this keep on going; they might apprehend you before you can complete your mission.

You open the door of your room. Leisel notices your presence and greeted you with a smile on her face. But you only ignore her and walk straight ahead to your bed and slam your body on it.

She notices you’re gloomy face. “What’s the matter?” She asks as she took a seat in your bed. You buried your face on your pillow, you replied, “I’m fucked up!”

You felt her hand at your head and gently brushed her hand through your hair. She smiled even you couldn’t see her. Your sensation is calmed as she continues to touch your hair. She keep her smile as she said that made you gasp loudly, “You can do it, Y/N. I’m sure they haven’t found out that it was you.”