Chapter 27

With the dagger in your hand, you turn to face Levi as he lies on his bed

With the dagger in your hand, you turn to face Levi as he lies on his bed. You have been waiting for this day and for the right time to come.

You only have to slit his throat and cut his head off, and you can finally leave and return to the underground city, but for what, to return only to live there once more like a stray dog?

You close your eyes and you felt that your hand shakes uncontrollably. Y/N, it’s time, it is now or never.

With shaky hands you reach for his neck and pointed your dagger. He was unconscious and not knowing what was about to happen. He was powerless against you.

Your heart beats faster and you start to breathe heavily. You don’t know why you felt this way, the opportunity is finally here, you only have to do is to kill him to complete your mission, claim your reward, and have your life back in underground city.

You stare at his bare face with your dagger still pointed at his neck. Suddenly, your vision becomes hazy as tears welled up. You felt the tightening of your throat and a short intake of breath.

You could no longer bare the heartache you were feeling and fell your knees on the floor in an unkempt heap as your grief fell out with uncontrollable tears.

Tears escaped your eyes followed by dropping the dagger on the floor. Your chin trembled, asking yourself ‘Why?’ You look down on the floor tears continuous to stream down your cheeks.

“I can’t…” you cried out loud inside the room, feeling so defeated. You finally understand what you really felt, what you truly felt towards him and it hurts. You must complete your mission but are unable to.

You made a big mistake, mistake by loving him. Now that you’ve finally realized it is impossible now to complete your mission because you’ve fallen in love with your target.

“What are you doing?” Levi walked inside the kitchen as you’re cooking for dinner. You turn to look at him and smile. “Preparing for dinner, everyone is outside; you can see them there and wait for it to cook.”

He cleared his throat and takes a cup of water and drank it. You’re thinking that his throat might be dry because of the medicine you gave to him to lose his consciousness, he was finally awake.

He raises his brows as he found you looking at him, you immediately look away after realizing it and back to your cooking.

You don’t know what’s right or wrong anymore, you’re certain for one it is you can’t do anything to hurt him. You don’t want him to die, you want him to live. And, you hope that it is the best decision you made to yourself.

You try to ignore his presence even though you sense that he is still there while you continue to cook “After dinner, see me outside, I’ll be coming back.” He then said, but as you turn to face him, he already takes his leave.

You were about to ask why but it seems like you can’t, and it only leaves you wondering why. You only took a sigh as it finds you confusing.

After a while it finally cooked and you all gathered and take your dinner, you were perplexed as to where Levi had gone because he wasn’t here for dinner, and just realized this place feels like empty, the atmosphere was unusual quiet.

As you’re taking glimpse while eating, you were left wondering why they’re so quiet, no one dared to speak or anything and you don’t know why but it made you feel uneasy.

Even it drives you uneasiness, you choose to ignore this thinking they were only tired and wanted to rest, you never attempted to speak.

The dinner was done still they are quiet. Mikasa and Armin volunteered to wash the dishes. You headed outside remembering to meet Levi there.

The air is finally frigid when you step outside, and when you turn to glance around, you don’t see Levi. You stayed there for a while thinking he will come later.

It just took you for few minutes for him finally came back riding his horse. He smiles towards you and offer his hand, you look at him bewildered but you reach for his hand to be pulled you up and ride the horse with him.

“W-Where are we going?” He guided your hands to wrap them around his waist. You don’t know where you two are going, but you trust Levi so you’re unconcerned with where he will take you.

It wasn’t that long ride and you two stop in the middle of nowhere. “Let’s have our walk here.” He said, this place is dark and very quiet. It wasn’t familiar to you.

As you two began to walk, he pull out something in his coat and he gave you a flower. It’s a rose crimson in hue, but this time the color is incredibly alluring, it is the most beautiful color of the flower you’ve seen, and you really like it.

“Thank you.” You said can’t hold your smile because of delight, out in instant he reached for your hand and holds it tightly. It made you to look at him but he was only looking straight forward.

As you two continue to walk you remain silent in his touch. You look around the place and finally it was familiar to you; it’s as if you’ve known this way before. Wait…

As your heart start to beat quickly, you stop walking. Your hands began to tremble as you finally recognized this place. Levi tightens his hold on you as he feels your trembling hand. This place is the way to the underground city.

He resume to walk without letting go of your hand, you got no choice but to go with him as you’re not certain of what he had in his mind. You were more astonished by his question, “The dagger, where did you get it?”

You took a halt out in utter surprised and look at him with wide eyes with trembling lips, you said, “Dagger…what do you mean by dagger?” You tried to defend and act innocently.

He finally look at you and replied, “I own that dagger that you had, it was a very long time ago that I gave it to my friend, I’m sure you’ve meet him before.”

Your breathing are getting now heavy because of what he said, what you realized is scared you the most. Did he know that it was me all along, that I am his attacker?

You were so confused and terrified at this point but you still manage to talk back at him, you asked, “You mean Furlan?”

He nodded, all this time, you’ve long to see him again, he is the reason why you’re here and alive you wanted to see him.

“Where is he? I want to see him.” You said, even you’re already caught but you wanted to see him for at least once.

He only shook his head and said that break your heart into pieces, “He’s already dead, when we had our mission here before Furlan and my other friend Isabel. They both died together outside the wall when we’re having expedition, so we failed.”

You can’t speak hearing what he said and tears finally formed at the corner of your eyes. This can’t be… you keep insisting that he is still alive, but the fact that he died a long time ago hurts you, and you even anticipating to meet him again. He was your savior.

You hold your tears even it was really hurting you knowing the truth, you said, “So you know that it was me all along?” You said in low tone of voice afraid that your voice will crack out in agony.

You look down on the ground can’t face him, you felt disgusted to yourself. Your mission already failed from the moment he discovered you.

He took a deep breath before lifting your head that is facing down to face him and looking into his eyes. He finally let go of your hand and said, “I don’t care what will happen, Y/N, leave this place.”

A/N: Hello everyone. It’s been a while since I started this story and sad to say it is near to its end. Next chapter will be the final one, but I’ve made it a lengthy one in the hopes that you’ll enjoy the story. Love lots. ❤️