Chapter 25

“What, Pastor Nick is dead?” Everyone in the house gasp loudly after hearing the information from Levi

“What, Pastor Nick is dead?” Everyone in the house gasp loudly after hearing the information from Levi. You’re lucky as you came back here yesterday; Eren is still sleeping so you were never caught.

“It’s our defeat as we lost him, but even yet we will continuing our expedition despite this happening, rest certain they are now tracking who might be the culprit is.” Levi said to them, you remained silent there acting innocent, they can’t know that you were the one who killed him.

“We won’t be placing the medics in the front lines, therefore Y/N, you’ll be staying here and it is better for you to stay.” Levi then said in a low voice, and proceeded now back to his room.

You breathe in relief after hearing it. You won’t be putting your life in danger beyond the walls anymore. You remembered the look and Levi’s voice earlier, you don’t know but there’s something strange.

Did he felt sad that Pastor Nick died, I mean everyone here looking so defeated. There is no other option; if you don’t, not only you but the entire organization would be in danger.

Finally, the expedition day has arrived. You are in the headquarter seeing them for the last time before they depart for the expedition. You watch the scouts as Erwin leads their final meeting, they will be retaking the wall Maria.

“Are you worried about them?” You turn your head to face Leisel at who had just arrived. You only took a sigh in defeat and back staring to the scouts. Honestly you felt uneasy since last night. You can’t sleep well thinking about the expedition. You know it will not be an easy one.

“Captain Levi…I think he likes you.” You completely gasp in surprised and looked at her with your eyes wide open. “No he does not, how can you say that?” You responded with so much astonishment. You weren’t expecting her to begin that.

That would be too impossible to happen, even if everything in the world were turn upside down, he would never fall in love with me, you thought convincing yourself.

“I just feel it.” She then said back at you, she pause briefly before continuing, “I met my brother yesterday, and he was worried about your mission. Is there a problem with your mission?” She asked out in confusion and concern as well.

You breathed heavily thinking about your mission that is troubling you now, you replied, “I will complete my mission once they came back, that is if he will come back alive.”

You watched her nodded before you return your gaze back at the scouts. As your eyes wander around the place, you meet his eyes. You stare back to each other, and you felt his connection with you. Levi had dull eyes, but if you looked closely, they were beautiful to look into.

You’re not sure why, but you are way too attracted by his eyes. Suddenly you felt something inside you, but it is not the strange feeling you always had when you’re with him. It’s different. Am I worried?

“Or…you are the one who likes him.” You automatically face her as she said that out of instant. You even gasp so loudly because of it, calling the attention of some scouts near you.

“What made you think that I like him? Of course, I will never fall in love with someone especially if he is my target. Never!” You spat back at her, but the words she just spoke to you have left you in a state of panic. She raises her hand showing her defeat.

After a while the scouts have finally departed for their mission. You didn’t see them leave the walls instead you stayed in the infirmary.

You’re lucky that they decided not to send the medics into the field so you will not be facing death there, but you had this feeling of uneasiness. Why am I feeling like this? I should worry about myself instead of worrying about them.

As you were in the infirmary taking care of the things, you keep convincing that you’re supposed to not to worry the others. Your mind keeps telling you that the mission is more important, but your heart says otherwise. It is very complicated.

You lie down on the bed feeling so helpless. You were in confused to what you are feeling. You close your eyes before you breathed out. You should stop thinking about it instead prepare yourself for your mission. The perfect time is coming in.

You pause as you remembered something. “Right!”  You made your way out of the infirmary. It was almost forgotten, and now is the ideal opportunity to reclaim what is rightfully yours. As he wasn’t around you were taking this opportunity to move.

You stare at the horse in front of you. “There’s no way I’m riding this alone.” You murmured, thinking you have nothing else choice but to ride this horse. You take a long deep breath and mounted the horse, as the horse react you quickly holds the reins of it trying to balance yourself. You heat races in utter nervousness. “Okay, you got this, Y/N.”

You’re keeping yourself in good balance out of fear of falling. As its speed increases, you are now becoming used to it. You merely need to be calm and collected while maintaining good posture. It is actually fun. After a while of riding, you finally arrived. You get inside the house headed straight towards Levi’s room.

As you sneak inside you walk towards his desk hoping that it was there. It was very important to you so you wanted to take it back. Luckily as you open one of its drawers you finally found your dagger.

You smile widely as it is finally in your hand. You put it in your pocket, and immediately take your walk to leave. You halted just you were about to open the door, you turn to look at the bed.

You remember when you got sick, you were sleeping there in his bed and Levi was the one who is taking care of you. That feeling to be in his care is…you shook your head as you disliked your thoughts. It doesn’t matter, even he is nice to you, and mission is a mission.

After accomplishing retaking your dagger you headed now back to the infirmary. Once he accomplished his goal, protecting Eren until arriving to the basement, their destination place, you will now going to complete your mission.

“You have never let me disappointed Y/N, you are really great. You must finish your mission now; I will be waiting for that Ackerman’s head. But if you can't, I'll be taking yours instead.”

You look at Elias as he said that to you carrying Mr. Groovy words. “That’s what he said,” and he continued. You’ve secretly meet each other to deliver Mr. Groovy’s message to you.

He was delighted as you succeed to your mission and give them the documents with all the black government’s information. The threat was eliminated. You can leave this place after completing your biggest mission to kill Levi.