Chapter 16

“You’re so silly

“You’re so silly.” As he slowly approaching you, you look at the window feeling relieved at least to see that is still open. It was your only escape. You didn’t waste any time so you rush there quickly, not letting him to approach you.

You were about to escape through the window, and as he was quicker than you he seized you and pinned you to the wall with the dagger poised at your throat. As your body hits the wall, you whimper in agony.

“Do you think you can escape from me?” You were startled when his face near to yours, and stares directly into your eyes. Your sweat starts to run down to your face, and you’re so nervous at this point, thinking that it’s your end.

You take a glimpse to the dagger at neck, seeing it was yours. You look back to him as you felt the tightening of his grip in you. As his dull eyes met yours, you wanted to look away out of concern that he may recognize you, but you couldn’t because you found it too alluring.

“Who the hell are you? Why did you wish to kill me?” You should refrain from speaking as much as you can since he will hear your voice and will undoubtedly know you if you do.

What should I do? Should I grab the dagger that’s in his grasp now?

You’re debating what to do; you really wanted to take your dagger back, but it was pointing at you, and you’re wondering that taking it from him might not be the best course of action.

The only sounds you could hear were your heartbeat and rapid breathing in the pitch-black surrounding. You were so nervous and you have no idea what to do or how to get away from him.

Then your both attention was drawn to the door when there was a sudden knock behind it, so you take this opportunity and swiftly pushed him away with all your strength.

Luckily you made him knock on the floor after giving him a surprise kick. He was unguarded. You take this opportunity for your escape; you will take your dagger back for later, this is your only chance to flee. You must escape from him.

Your successful jump from the roof allows you to escape and run away. Fuck, it was a complete failure. Why do I keep failing, I can’t retrieve it back. And luckily no one is chasing you until you get back to you room safely.

You lied down in your bed, feeling so defeated. You’re thinking on how you can take it back from him. You cannot allow anyone to have it since it is important to you.

You utterly close your eyes feeling so stressed out, thinking that the only way to get it back is to kill him and you’ve already sworn to yourself that you won’t do it until he has achieved his goal. Why am I being soft hearted?

“Damn it!” You swore loudly and used your hand to wash your face out of annoyance. Your loud swearing caused Leisel to wake up. “Is there something wrong?” she asks as she casts a worried surprised gaze your way. She inquired with concern.

You take deep breath to calm yourself. “It was nothing, I’m sorry.” She stare at you for awhile then back to sleeping. You look at the rose at your side table; you could never have imagined yourself in this situation. This is the first mission that gives you a lot of trouble.

The following morning, you are at the infirmary doing your work since your job as personal nurse for Levi had done now that his wound has finally healed.

Since there is no patient, all you are doing is cleaning all the stuffs here in the infirmary. “You shouldn’t be hasty, what if you were captured last night.”

You only took a sigh and face Leisel who is helping you cleaning. “I’m not attacking him, I’m only wanting to take it back; it is very dare to me.” You replied in a low tone.

“But still it is very dangerous act; I honestly…want you to stop.” You frown as if you didn’t understand her. “Stop the what?” you asked she stares at you for a while before closing her eyes and took a deep taking a deep breath.

He then extended her hand to hold yours, saying, “What if you stay here for better, I mean…forget the mission and just spent the rest of your life here, with us.”

Although you didn’t show it, you were a little surprised. Instead, you thought on how much easier it was for you to live here than in the underground city.

The life there was poor, and you had to kill and steal to survive. No sunlight, only dirty places. You wanted to be here, but the only reason why you’re here because of your mission, without your mission you will never witness how life here.

“I can’t Leisel, my only purpose here is my mission and not to live my life here.” She looks at you sad, but pretend and gives you a forceful smile. “You’re right, I’m sorry.” You breathed out heavily, imagining your life here. No mission, only treating patients, having good friend, it must be nice.

Upon conversing with her you heard a knock from the door. No one was here only you two. As it open Sasha walked in, and she said, “Y/N, Captain Levi is looking for you.” Sending shivers down your spine.

And why Levi is looking for me? Did he know that it was me? Did he recognize me? Di he…

You start to panic knowing he was looking for you. You look at Leisel who is now staring back at you; you two shared the same thoughts. She was worried as well. You gulp dryly, when you began to sweat.

You took a stand and follow Sasha to where she is going. Your mind is now filled with negative thoughts as you consider the likelihood that they will execute you by either chopping off your head or feeding you to titans.

As you made your way outside, you noticed Levi grooming his horse and his team arranging their belongings. It made you wonder of what they are doing. You gulp dryly when you thought of the idea that those are the things that will be used to execute you.

When Levi finally notices you, your eyes met and you recoil in terror. He approaches you and looks at you in confusion; he was confused on why you’re looking so pale.

“Are you sick?” He asked and suddenly touches your forehead feeling your heat. You instinctively patted his hand away while saying, “N-no,” and you stuttered. Even he don't know what's wrong with you, and ignoring only it, he then said, “Whether you like it or not, you’ll be coming with us.”