Chapter 15

You watched Eren emerged from his titan

You watched Eren emerged from his titan. You are all getting ready to return to the headquarters now that the experiment for today has been completed.

Eren is in good shape even after turning into titan, and he now has complete control over it. You’re taking care of Eren, while Elias is conversing with Hange about what he observed.

“I hope I can do better in the next expedition.” Eren said looking so determined. You smiled and pat his head. “Of course you can do better, we believe in you Eren.”

Eren began to blush slightly, and became shy. It made you laugh because of his behavior. You only stop when Eren’s red face turns to pale staring at your back. You frown and turn around to look behind you, regretting to see Levi behind, staring at the two of you with a frightful glare.

“Stop slacking around, get moving.” He then urged which makes you shudder. You immediately fix the things and keeping yourself busy, until you felt that Levi finally gone, you breathed out in relief, “It scares me.” You heard Eren whisper, which you totally agreed. Levi keeps appearing out of nowhere and it scares you as hell.

You stretched out and yawned after taking everything so that you could finally go back and rest. Eren help you transport the boxes containing the supplies and equipment.

“Eren you don’t have to…” You pause as something catches your attention in the distance. As you stare to it, there something that shines in there, you wonder what it might be. You gasp loudly as you notice a figure of man there moving.

“Eren!” As the gunshot reverberated throughout the area, you swiftly pushed Eren to the ground. It panics everyone, but thankfully there was only a single shot. You turned around and saw the bullet mark on the tree trunk.

Of course Eren is the one that person is after, no doubt. “Y/N, are you okay?” Levi quickly rushed to check you two. You look back again to see that person at the distance but he was gone. The other scouts run towards it to capture that man. “Y/N, stay with Eren and go back to the headquarters we will find that person.”

You watched Levi mount his horse and ride away. You didn’t know that there’s someone’s after Eren. You ponder whether Mr. Groovy sent one to kill Eren. “Y/N” You look back and see Elias who approaching you.

“It’s terribly dangerous to be with these scouts.” He whispers, which makes you frown you look at him confused. “I thought it was one of us.” You replied to him. He quickly shook his head swiftly and sighs.

“We are not the only enemy of scouts, the government is also after them, and they want to eliminate Eren, which is why they are doing experiment far from people to hide.” You don’t get, as to why they would be eliminating the only person who holds power.

As you’re now returning to the headquarters, you can’t help but reflect on what just happened. You now understand why Eren’s protection was so important to them; someone wants to bring him down, but for what reason?

You look at Eren who sat down beside you in the carriage. He was also in deep thoughts. You are now felt pity on him, the humanity relied on him because of his powers and he should keep himself alive for them.

After you arrived at the head quarter you directly head to you room after fixing everything. The scouts were gathered because of the attack earlier, they may be caught that attacker.

You put the pink rose in your vase and you’re glad that it was safe, but you’re looking so sad. “I’m glad you didn’t hurt yourself.” You sigh as Leisel said it and get into her bed.

“I’m fine, Eren is only their target but no one got hurt.” You simply relied and you also lie down and cover yourself with the comforter. “Speaking of target, when are you going to assassinate Captain?”

You immediately turned gaze at her side as she inquired. You then think of Levi, you know he was upset earlier at Eren who almost got hurt or even might lead to his death.

You took a deep sigh, “I’m waiting for the right time.” You replied to her that made her smile. “If you finally fulfill your mission you’re going to leave, and I will be alone again.”

You stare at her as she closes her eyes to sleep. Leisel was a kind person, and you have a good bond with her. “We may meet though; remember I am working with your brother.” You heard a giggle from her and only last for only few seconds.

When you look at her again, she was already dozing off. You smile as you realized you actually found a good friend who knows your secret. You promise to yourself that you won’t let her drag down with you.

You took a stand as you finally make sure the surrounding was finally quiet. You know that Levi is very busy at this point because of the attack. You’re going to stealthily enter his room and retrieve your dagger.

You merely intend to reclaim what is rightfully yours; you have no intention of attacking. You used the window to jump to the roof, covering your face of course because you weren’t going to let them catch you.

As you reach to his window you peek inside just to make sure there’s no one around. It was quiet and completely dark inside. You secure the area before opening the window cautiously and entering his room in silence.

When you quietly landed on the floor, you let out a long sigh. You hastily approach his desk and pull open the drawer. I can finally get it back.

You were about to take the dagger, as you suddenly heard footsteps from outside the door. “Shit…” you nearly cursed aloud out of nervousness. You quickly hide yourself inside his closet, just in time the door finally opens.

“Damn that bastard!” You flinch at the sound his voice. As Levi continued to walk inside, he loosens his cravat. However, the window caught his attention.

He then roams his eyes around, and you inside his closet wondering what is going on outside because you can’t see him. You only wish he will never open the cabinet and take his leave. Levi was a cautious person, and he walks toward the door.

When you heard the door closes, you sigh in relieved. You cautiously open the closet door and get out from it once you are certain that he has left. You then quickly open the drawer to take the dagger. Your eyes widened when you can’t see it inside, you clearly remembered that it was there. Where the hell is it?

You almost jump in surprise when you suddenly heard, “Is this what you’re looking for?” Your heart starts to race as you look up to see where that recognizable voice is coming from.

Levi, who is leaning against the door and carrying the dagger, can be seen smirking. Wait, did he just pretend to leave? Damn it, he got me. You stagger back as he began to approach, and he chuckles before saying, “You’re so silly.”