Chapter 18

Once everything is fixed you now go to bed to sleep

Once everything is fixed you now go to bed to sleep. You share a room with Sasha and Mikasa since you three are the only girls. Being cautious because you are with them, you make sure your gun is hidden.

As the time goes by, you’re getting closer and closer to your target, and you are now living in the same roof as him. You need to be extra careful being here because you have no idea what might occur if you are negligent.

Mikasa and Sasha were already peacefully sleeping, while you were still awake unable to fall asleep. You try to sleep by keep closing your eyes, but you can’t sleep. Something bothering in your mind but you can’t figure it out. You’ve been awake for hours and it’s starting to annoy you, so you got up and went to the kitchen to get some water.

The place was quiet and serene. You’re envious that others are now sleeping as you’re here unable to sleep. As you walked inside the kitchen, you jump in surprise as you saw Levi on the table drinking his tea, and reading the newspaper. Raising his brows in your direction, he expressed confusion about your presence.

You spoke in a quiet voice, “I want to drink water,” hesitantly pointing at the wooden pitcher. He merely gives you a fleeting glance before returning to his reading. You sighed quietly and started to move gently.

Upon pouring water on the cup, you take a glimpse on him. It made you wonder of why he’s still awake. When his eyes shifted on you, you flinch and immediately look away. Your heart skipped a bit as you meet his eyes.

Because of it, you drink the water anxiously. He always giving you this kind of feeling when meeting his eyes. Then Levi began to speak, “You can’t sleep?”

You glance in his direction but he wasn’t looking at you as he asked. You watched him took a sip on his tea and you replied, “Yeah,” to which he looked at you and said, “You can join me; I can’t sleep either.”

Although you were hesitant at first, you sat down next to him nevertheless, and you immediately regretted it as you find this so awkward thinking that you should’ve stayed inside.

You played with your fingers to ease this awkwardness. Levi notices it and then puts the newspaper on the table and takes a sip of tea before saying, “I’m glad that you didn’t hurt yourself when the shooting happened after the experiment.” You remember the experiment that time and someone wants to kill Eren, and wanted to know why.

“Why did they want to kill him?” You asked which you regretted when he went silent. Thought you were asking him the wrong question, but he eventually responded. “Due to the power he wielded, they yearned for him so desperately. They’re not going to kill him, they wanted him alive.”

You furrowed your brows in confused so you uttered, “But why they are shooting him?” He looks at you didn’t expect you to be invested in this matter. “They’re not going to kill him, they are only scaring us. They wanted us to hand Eren to them but we refused. We are here to protect and conceal Eren for that reason.”

Now you finally understand. Eren was a special kid, he was the only person who possessed such power and they wanted it so bad. They wanted to control Eren with their will. “But who are they?” You asked once again.

He star at you for awhile before saying, “Don’t bother about it, you’re out of this matter.” You watched him took a stand and began to walk but before he could leave, he said, “It’s getting late, go to sleep, we’re having the training tomorrow.”

As he disappears, you mumbled, “I have asthma remember,” asthma my ass. You have to be a simple person as possible; they might suspect you if they learn that you can fight while being a medic.

In the next morning, you wake up early even you can’t sleep well last night, and you do the cooking. After eating Sasha help you in cleaning all the dishes.

“I do really love you’re cooking, did you learn it in school? You’re cooking is different.” She said, you stopped a moment as you thought of any reason. You’re thinking on what you should tell her, “Uh, I just learned it by myself.” You replied, but the truth is you learned it from Elias way back in the underground city, he’s so skilled at cooking, but you can’t tell her though. “Wow that was cool. The pie you made is very delicious, that is my favorite.”

You continue washing the dishes, when Jean came to get Sasha leaving you there by yourself. They are only having their training nearby. After taking care at the kitchen you now headed outside seeing them having their training.

You wanted to sneak at Levi’s room to take your dagger but you’re being careful because you can’t see Levi. You worry that he might appear out of nowhere.

He wasn’t around since this morning and you’re thinking if he is in the head quarters. You had nothing else to do so you sat down on the ground watching them.

Actually it is better here than at the headquarters, because at this moment you are now working in the infirmary and tiring yourself there. All you’ll be doing in this place is cleaning and cooking. You are no longer a medic more of a housekeeper.

“Isn’t it hot outside?” You took a stand as the surrounding was getting hotter and hotter. You’re deciding to get inside the house because of the heat, but you suddenly heard the shout.

It took you by surprised and head towards them. Thinking what’s happening. Then you see Jean carrying Sasha, as you approach he then said, “She suddenly collapses, she’s so pale.” When you look at Sasha’s pale complexion you then commanded Jean to take her inside the house. Everyone panic, what’s worse is that Levi isn’t around.

You are currently caring for as she is resting on the bed. Everyone was at your back watching and letting you to do your job. After making her drink the medicine, you look towards them saying, “It’s nothing to worry, she is fine. She just due to the heat, but she’s all better now,” as you said that to them they sighed in relieved.

“Thank goodness.” You heard Connie said and approach Sasha. Well their friendship is very strong. You are seeing them together more often than the others.

You took a stand to make a soup for her, and Mikasa volunteered to help you. As you are now cooking, Mikasa suddenly say, “Thank you Y/N, if you weren’t there, we wouldn’t know what we were going to do with her. I’m glad you’re with us.”

She smiles as she said that, you’re heart soothes upon hearing it. You return her smiles. “It was nothing; I’m just doing my job as your team’s medic.” You felt lucky to have them, your relationship with them is growing. You didn’t expect to build any bond with them but you’re happy very with it.