Chapter 24

You were on the field with the scouts, but you kept your distance from them while completing their final training on Eren’s ability the hardening with his titan form

Their upcoming expedition is fast approaching. You remained silent as Levi stood by your side. It is kind of confusing, as he should with them and not with you.

“Did you see the flower I left in your desk?” He suddenly asked to begin a conversation with you. You look at him as you remembered, “Yes, that was beautiful, thank you,” you replied he return your gaze with a smile.

“I’m glad it made you happy.” As he said that you smile back at him. This odd sensation returns as you and Levi exchange glances. It only happens when he was with you and your gaze met his. In a while, they finally called Levi for assistance. You were left there only watching them from a distance.

“That’s love.”

You utterly close your eyes when Leisel’s voice utters those words came across your mind and you are keep on convincing yourself that it is not, and will never be a love.

As you were in the middle of battling with your thoughts, someone suddenly taps you on the shoulder, startling you. It took you by surprised and automatically looked at that person. “It’s been a while, Y/N.” He said smiling at you. “Elias.”

You weren’t expecting him to be here; maybe he was here to observe Eren again. He stands beside you and you frown as he roam his gaze around before giving you an envelope, he then whispered,

“You have an urgent mission, to kill Pastor Nick. He was their spy in the underground city and will be coming to the regiment to send documents containing the information about black government. He studied us secretly, so we can’t take any chances that might put us in danger. You must eliminate the threat to us. I’ll be going to fetch you if he arrived. More details is in that envelope.”

You heaved a sigh after receiving it, because you’re feeling nervous they had sent someone to spy in your organization.

“How was your mission?” he asked, but you were unable to respond. You remain silent staring straight. You’re at a loss for words. You heard him sigh and look at you as he said, “Have you forgotten your mission, Y/N? Keep in mind that you will suffer the consequences of your failure.”

You only look up straight. Not knowing how or what to response. You are all aware that you came here to fulfill a mission but you completely don’t know what to do anymore.

You laugh a little and look back at him, “Of course, I’m not. I’m only looking for a perfect time.” You finally replied, but it didn’t satisfy him instead he only took a sigh in defeat.

“Don’t tell me…you’ve fallen for him,” and you stiffened in your ground as he said that. Your eyes grew wider as you stared at him, it made your tongue tangle and unable to think of anything. You could even feel your lips tremble.

“N-No…I am not. How can you say that, he is my target? I can’t possibly fall in love to my target. Have you lost your mind?”

Your voice trembled as you said that and your hands shake uncontrollably. He closes his eyes and look down. You two stayed for that in a while before he raises his head and only smile at you. He gives you a pat on the head before saying, “If you need help just look for me, if anything bad happens. I’m always here.”

You watched him walk away heading towards the scouts. Eren is finally emerged from his titan, and the training is finally over. “Don’t tell me…you’ve fallen for him.” You heard his voice once again in your mind.

No, I’m not in love or anything. This is not happening.

After tending to Eren you head now outside. Eren must be in good shape during the expedition, you need to make sure always that he was alright. You close the door as you exited the room.

You nearly jumped out of your skin when you saw Levi waiting outside the room. “Is he fine?” He asked, you nodded in response to him, but you couldn’t give him a direct glance.

Together, you two made your way to the living room, and you remain silent in his side. Levi notices your demeanor, he asked worryingly, “Is there something wrong?”

This time you lift up your head and look at him. You stare at him for a while before closing your eyes and shook your head in response. You can't tell him what's troubling you.

“Everything is good.” You said. Levi smile and suddenly reaches for your hand. You are shocked since you weren’t anticipating this.

As you walk, you let him hold your hand. It honestly feels good, feeling the warm in his hand giving you butterfly. This strange feeling is here again, again and again.

You heard a knock from the door, and Levi went there to see whose outside. As he open the door Hange came in with Moblit in her side. She quickly smiles at you as you return it with a warm smile.

You began to walk to head now in the kitchen but you overheard Hange whisper to Levi, “Pastor Nick has arrived.” You were surprised hearing her say it. You must make your move, before that Pastor could give them the documents.

Levi then calls you telling you that he will be leaving for a while and you must look after Eren. You watched them take their leave as they were heading back to the head quarters.

You quickly head inside your room and prepare yourself. After a few moments Elias finally arrived with his horse. You’re going to leave Eren here for a while and must carry your mission before anything else.

You took a deep breath as you climb up in the horse, you may hate the fact of riding a horse but there’s no other way.

“We must hurry, Levi and Hange is on their way to the head quarters.” You said to him, he only chuckles as he replied, “We will be there for only few minutes, I know the shortcuts here.”

Well, what do you expect it was Elias, he knows everything. Riding the horse heading to the headquarters in a shortest way, you can’t help yourself but to feel nervous, you can't take the risk to be caught, you hadn’t yet killed Levi. This mission would still be a success.

Just only few minutes as he said you two finally arrived, “Go, I’ll be waiting here.” He said, and you proceeded and enter at the back of the headquarters, you must not waste any time.

Elias already instructed you to where Pastor Nick is, so it will be easy for you to locate him. Elias was excellent at gathering data and spying on the headquarters.

Heading to where he is, you pull out your reserved small knife as the door of his room is on sight. Luckily the surrounding is very peaceful.

You took a deep breath before opening the door where you see Pastor Nick gazing outside through the window. You’re glad the Levi and everyone haven’t arrived yet.

“I’ve located the black government, we can--,” He said turning around but he got halted to see you with a knife in your hand. He gasps out in control after recognizing who you are. “Y/N, the assassin of black government.”

Your eye twitches, hearing it from him. He obviously knew, he really knows everything, and you can bet he knew Elias as well. He knows too much to be able to breathe for longer. You must silent him.

You dashes towards him, as his eyes bigger and body tremble in terror, “W-wait, you can’t kill me…they know…who…” and you slit his throat to death.

He was weak. His body falls to the ground, and you watch his lifeless body bathed with blood. “It’s your fault for knowing us.” You quickly go to his belongings and look for the documents as you finally found the papers.

You brought it with you and take your leave just in time Levi and everyone arrived and seeing them head inside the building as you cast a gaze outside through the window. You need to get away here before anything bad will happen.