Chapter 26

Finally, the sun is beginning to set

Finally, the sun is beginning to set. You were in the infirmary, standing by a window and gazing outside. Everyone here is waiting for the scouts to return at this time and pondering how many of them are still alive after their expedition outside the wall.

Everyone is getting ready for the massive patient, there were hundreds of them departed and you’re already expecting a restless night.

Then door abruptly opened, and someone rushed in. You turn your head to look and it was Leisel with heavy breathing. She said, “They are here.” You prepare yourself before going outside to assist the scouts who survived.

As you headed outside you see Levi, his squad and Hange. You roam around the place to look for other scouts, including Erwin, but you can’t find any and even Moblit who always stays Hange’s side. Don’t tell me…

You stare at them, “The rest except us are dead, but reaching the basement and retaking wall Maria was accomplished.” Hange said in low tone, everyone in the place including the other higher ups that waited for them, gasp in utter astonishment.

“You mean, even Commander Erwin?” They asked. You look at Levi who is wearing his stoic look. This is a shocking report from them.

You look at him worryingly; it really hurt him so bad. Literally everyone in the scout’s sacrifices their life for them to succeed, this might be really sad but that’s the scours’ way.

You are now in the infirmary treating up their wounds, only Sasha and Hange were more seriously hurt than the rest.

It was fairly peaceful inside; contrary to expectations, this night won’t be restless. It is far from what you all anticipated and it is honestly sad. You wonder where Levi went as he refused to be treated here instead saying he was fine.

You heard that Armin became a titan shifter, how is that possible, you wonder thought in yourself. You really have no idea what happened back there, you wanted to ask but you know you don’t have the right to ask you are only a medic here.

You only took a sigh and heard ‘Thank you’ from Jean after treating all of his wounds and he is the last patient.

You took a stand and take the medicine kit with you and began to walk away. Leisel look at you in confuse and wonder asking, “Where are you going?”

And you replied her with a shrugged of your shoulder and take your leave. Thinking that the house was the only place to look for Levi, and head there.

Upon arrival you headed directly inside after seeing his horse at the stable. You speculated it right, he was here.

You stop right in front of his door; before you knock you took an encouragement breath and said, “It’s me, Y/N.” 

It was quiet for a while before you hear him response for you to come in. You walked in and see him standing and gazing out the window. “I’m here for your treatment.” You said in low tone of your voice.

He turns to face you and his briefly stare on the kit you were holding before returning to you. He then said, “I don’t need any treatment. I’m fine as you see.”

You see lot of scratches and bruises in his arms and you are certain there were more in his body. Thinking he was not fine.

You sat down on his bed because there isn’t a couch in this room. You understand his feeling; you know how it felt of losing someone important to you, but he was only hiding his emotion.

After preparing everything, you wait for him to come to you but as you lifted your head up to see him only standing there and looking at you. “What are you doing, come over here.”

You said to him, he was like that for a little while before he took a deep sigh and finally approaches you. As you watched him walk he unbuttons his shirt and taking it off. You eventually look away as he begins to undress.

When he sat down next to you, you give him the water and pill. He only stares at it and to you in confusion. “Drink this; it will help to lessen the pain in your body.” You said.

After drinking you now began treating his wounds. You two only remain silent and none of you attempting to speak until you find it so uncomfortable, you began, “I’m glad you came back alive.”

He looks at your way but you didn’t look at him, instead you’re focusing on his bruises. It must have been a difficult battle beyond the wall based on the appearance of his body, which has cuts, bruises, and scrapes.

“No, I’m glad you stayed.” You abruptly raise your head and look at him. “I’m glad that you weren’t there with us.” He added.

Your heart began to ache instantly as a result of his words, wanting him to stop as it hurts you. Don’t do this to me. “I’m glad that you’re safe here.”

He reached for your hair and tucked them behind your ear; you shivered because of it, and left you dumbfounded.

“Please stay away from here.”  He said, you only stare back at him lose of words. You can’t leave not until you finishes your mission, you must do it.

“Please, Y/N, leave this place we don’t know what will happen to us.” He said, you don’t know what he is talking about, but in response to him you only shook your head and said, “I can’t Levi. I can’t tell you my reason but I have to stay here.”

He closes his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and stares at your eyes. He slowly reached for your cheeks and caresses them gently.

“Is there any way I can change your mind?” Why is he like this? You thought to yourself as it leaves you in confusion. You remain silent next to him, and a while of staring at your bare face he leaned in closer and tenderly kisses your lips.

You stiffened and were surprised. You can’t move yourself as he kissed you out in instance. It was only for a short while before pulling away. This strange feeling is here again.

As you stare straight in his eyes, you notice his heavy eyelids. “I…I’m going to make you tea.” You said and took a stand. You headed straight to the kitchen to prepare his tea.

Your heart is troubling again as it beats very fast. You reach for your chest placing your trembling hand there feeling the beat of your heart. “Fuck…” Thinking it is a dangerous signal.

After making his tea, you return to his room, but as you entered, all you saw was his unconscious body lying on his bed. You uncontrollably gulp and placed his tea on the table.

You moved your shaky hand at your dagger hidden inside your pocket. The pill finally affects his body and renders him to sleep.

I’m sorry Levi, you finally accomplished your goals reaching the basement and protecting Eren, now it is my turn to accomplish mine.