two

SUMMER DRESS
CHAPTER TWO / EPISODE TWO
luna x belly

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— Luna was sitting on the couch with her brother Conrad's feet on her lap. He was hungover and waiting for a somewhat magical hungover smoothie from Jeremiah. Well he groaned at the noise the group were making in the kitchen, Luna was happily humming as she attempted to make paper rings.

Luna watched Belly enter the kitchen, a soft look on her face as she dismissed her moms worries about the bruise on her cheek. Belly would look back towards Luna every so often, the corner of her lips turning upwards.

"Oh, my god!" Susannah shouted as she hurried down the stairs, her hands holding onto two small pieces of paper. "Belly and Luna are gonna be debutants."

Conrad, who had been looking at his mother whipped his head around way to fast to look at his sister. "Gonna be a sheep, huh?"

"Oh shut up, asshole." Luna stood up. The action causing Conrad who was still laying down to tumble to the floor with a thud. "Ha."

"It's not that big of a deal." Belly brushed it off when Susannah wrapped her arms around her in a hug.

Steven blinked in surprise. "I'm sorry. Like, Belly? Like, my sister? Like, that thing right there?" Steven pointed towards his sister, fake ( or possibly real ) disgust on his face.

"Shut up, cretin." Belly snarked back as she grabbed a spoon for herself, and another for Luna, knowing that the Fisher daughter would end up walking over soon and ask for a bite.

"Okay, this is gonna be so much fun. Just you two wait. There is, uh.. there's the tea, the auction, the ball, of course the rehearsal. I gotta write this down." Susannah was so excited, happy that her daughter and Belly were going to be participating in the Debutant ball.

Lunas up now, making her way towards the kitchen where she ends up standing behind Belly with her chin resting on her shoulder. "Can I have a bite?" Luna whispered, opening her mouth when Belly nodded and brought up a spoonful of cereal to her mouth.

Susannah gasped, the action causing Luna to lift her head in panic. "Mom?"

Susannah looked between the two soon to be debutants. "We need to go shopping!"

Belly laughed, the sound making Luna smiled fondly. Gosh, she was so head over heals for Belly that it was almost silly.

"That sounds expensive." Laurel pointed out. She was right, because soon they'd all be walking through as many stores as they could get into, filling up shopping bags for the two girls.

"Oh, don't worry, Laur. It's on me." Luna noticed that her mother waved Laurel off. Of course, it's what she's always done. "It was my idea after all, and we still need to style you for your book party, so..."

Laurel looked towards her daughter, "Belly, are you sure you want to do this?" ( The debutante ball was much more Lunas thing then Bellys. It was clear from the way that Luna wore a dress since she he was born, and by the way she's acted like a girly - girl somedays. ) "It's just not very you."