epilogue

SUMMER ENDING
EPILOGUE / EPISODE ZERO
luna x belly

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— When I was sixteen, my mother told me she had gotten cancer again.

Me, Belly, Jeremiah, Steven and Conrad — along with our parents — had all been at the debutante ball. All us kids had been participating and spending time together that would last what seemed forever. It was great, magical, spectacular.

That was until my brother had thrown a punch at my other brother when he had figured out our mothers cancer was back. It had caused so much of an emotion that I hadn't even realized that my own mother was sick again. It's like everyone around me had frozen them, and I couldn't unfreeze.

When I really let it sink in, it had hurt so much that I wanted nothing more than to wake up from that nightmare. My heart had been shattered and stepped on by life, and that was only the beginning of the journey.

I remember the way everyone had visited me when I was sobbing in my room. Conrad had looked down at me with sad eyes, frowning at my state. He tried to smiled sadly. "It'll be okay, Luny."

He left after that, stepping as quick as he could towards somewhere else in the house we all live in each summer. He was quick, and through I was crying heavily, I could still see him leave my room.

Everyone else had tried to comfort me. But it didn't work and I cried and cried. Then Belly, my Belly, had been the one to break through my walls I had so suddenly put up.

She had been my comfort, my safe zone that night.

Now where going our separate ways. The Conklins back to their home, and the Fishers back to our home. It's our last day at the beach house, and no one wants to leave.

All the bags were packed, everything was stuffed into every space on our vehicles. It's like we were leaving forever. I wish and hope we weren't.

Me and Belly, we're doing pretty good. We aren't official, but already started to call each other our girlfriend. We've shared kisses, we've shared so much with each other.

It was finally me and Belly. Like my inner child always wanted.

Belly is my best friend, she was always the one I was joined at the hip with, she's the one that had stayed by me in the hospital and held my hand as the nurse and doctor reset my broken bones so many years ago. She told me that neon green would look best on my ankle, so that's what I picked — because I always listened to Belly.

That night before we had to leave, me and Belly were cuddled up against each other. Our hand intertwined as she pressed the side of our heads together. We hadn't talked much, we didn't want to ruin what we had in the calm.

That night it was just us before we had to leave. It was peaceful and sweet, something that neither of us wanted to end.

But like ten beginning, it was just me and Belly.