fifteen

LOVE TRIANGLE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN /
EPISODE EIGHT
luna x belly

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— The rained poured down and splattered across the window and thunder roared over the music and lightning flashed around them. Luna loved the rain, she did, but this was too much. Jeremiah and Conrad were sitting in the front seats, attempting to drive through the store ahead of them, arguing with every few words. Belly was leaning against Luna in the back seat, her head resting on her shoulder, relaxing and choosing not to listen to the two in front of her.

"They just added another half an hour to our wait." Jeremiah groaned, throwing his head back into the seat. His phone buzzed another time and he couldn't even bring himself to look at it. "We could try a backroad or something?"

Conrad shook his head, disagreeing with his younger brother. "No, that's not a good idea."

Jeremiah ignored his brother, turning and looking over his shoulder at the two in the back seat. "What do you two think?"

"Yeah, Bells, Lu. What do you two think." Conrad bugged, put into a mood. He was doing this all to be annoying, but he secretly loved the way his sisters face twisted with something negative every time he spoke recently.

"I'm hungry and need to pee." Belly muttered, head still pressed against Luna, her eyes that were closed because she refused to open them.

Conrad laughed, "Woah, I change my mind. We do not wanna deal with hangry Belly."

"I'll pull out then." Jeremiah turned his blinkers on, gripping the steering wheel and turning his wheels on the wet road.

Luna giggled, "Pull out."

Within a few minutes, Belly was already running out the door and towards the restrooms of the small little truck stop. It was lit up by dainty white lights and there were bars on the windows.

Luna grabbed her hood, swinging it over her head to keep her hair from getting wet. She swung the door open, ignoring her brothers calls and raced towards the entrance door of the small store.

"Pouring out there, huh, dear." The old man, wrinkled but full of happiness, smiled.

"It sure is, sir." Luna grinned back, picking up a handful of candies that she knew Belly would like. Sour patch kids, sour cherry balls, sour bottle caps, anything with the word sour. Luna looked around, missing what she was looking for but she knew it didn't hurt to ask. "Do you have a slushy machine?"

"Ah, yes we do dear. Just at the end of the shop." The old man directed Luna towards where she found coke, cherry and root-beer flavoured slushies that she was excited to try.

One Luna had more than enough candy and chocolates, three slushies and a separate drink for Conrad, she made her way back towards the counter where the old man rung up all her items.

"Twenty four ninety." Luna pulled out a twenty dollar bill and a ten dollar bill. She waved the old man off when he tried to hand her back the chance she didn't need. She would rather give him some more, a silent thank you for being open in the current weather state. "Thank you dear."

"Of course sir, have a goodnight."

Just as the door was about to be opened, the old man called out once more. "There's a motel down the road, they should have some more rooms available."

Luna sighed with relief, knowing it was a motel or sleeping in the car. "Thank you!"

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— "We have two rooms." The lady behind the counter spoke, the side of her face pressed against the phone. She was listening to someone talk and talk.