prologue

MAKE MEMORIES
PROLOGUE / EPISODE ZERO
luna x belly

For what I can remember, there's been two times I've ever been on a ferris wheel.

The first was when I was seven; the day of my birthday. I hadn't wanted to do much, just spending the day with my family and friends eating strawberry cake. — ( The second was when before Belly, Steven and Lauren left — only days after everyone found out my mother had cancer again ) — But my mother and father had different plans. Taking me, my two brothers, and the Conklin family, to the fair nearby. I will admit, it was an amazing experience then and I loved it then, but oh my, how much I love it now.

"Luna, sweetheart!" Belly races towards me. A all entry wrist band secured around her wrist. She holds a lemonade in one hand, the largest and most brightest smile resting on her prefect pink lips.

"Bells, baby!" I open my arms, allowing my girlfriend to throw herself at me. She wraps her arms tightly around me, holding me close to her body that radiates happiness. I tighten my arms too, holding her in an embrace I don't want to end.

Steven scoffs, mad that me and his sister and so happy well he and his girlfriend are on a break. he's mad at the world, but chooses to take it out of me and everyone else around him. "ew, gross. can you both stop?"

i grinned, pressing my lips to belly's cheek. not only would i know that it would fuel his reactions, but oh, it was because i loved kissing belly too.

"the farris wheel, love?" belly spoke quietly, her lips moving slowly as she smiled and leaned into me.

i nodded, wrapping my arm around belly's waist and walking with her along the crowding sidewalks. passing by games, with laughing children and teenagers made me pause every very minutes.

"look!" jeremiah bounced on the balls of his feet, throwing himself into the line where a handful of people were standing waiting for an empty spot on the farris wheel.

standing side by side, swinging out hands back and forth as we wait. i wait, and shuffle forward every few minutes until me and belly are at the front of the line. the operator smiles as he lets me and belly into the small two seater chair that locks us in once we're sitting down.

as the wheel comes to a stop, me and belly both situated at the very top. belly turns her head slightly, look me in the face as smiling. she leans in, and we share a kiss at the top of the Farris wheel.

the top of the farris wheel! ahh!