eleven

LOVE GAME
CHAPTER ELEVEN / EPISODE FOUR
luna x belly

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— Luna tried to say she didn't hate people, she found it unfair to the others. But oh how she really hated her aunt Julia right now. The beach house was for sale, crushing the broken pieces of Lunas heart into absolutely nothing. And it was all because her aunt chose to put it up for sale.

"Oh, hi Luna." Skye, her cousin she hadn't seen in years and years, looks up from where they're sitting at the kitchen table. It isn't their table, and they all know it, it's Luna mothers table.

"Morning. Sorry, I smelled muffins." Luna spoke, her eyes landing on the plate of muffins that were placed on the island counter tops. They looked delicious, fresh and warm.

Skye nodded, their hand reaching for a muffin to hand to Luna. It stalled half way there, resting in the air before she got an answer. "You want one?"

"Sure, thank you." Luna reaches forward and grabs ahold of a warm muffin that heats up her palms.

"Uh, those are for the open house." Julia states, but her words only make Luna bring the muffin towards her mouth where she takes a bite. A silent haha fuck you gesture as the teenager would like to call it.

Luna watched as Belly, Conrad and Jeremiah step into the house from the backyard. All dressed in swimsuits and towels. Sand coating their feet and dropping to the floor with every step.

Turning on her heal, Luna leaves the kitchen feeling her aunts gaze on her back.

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— Luna and everyone else stood on the wooden floor of the boardwalk. It creaked with every few steps, old and rusty from all the years that it's been used. There's laughter and music all around them, it's cheerful and joyous. Each one of the members of the group holds an snow cone in a cup, grins resting on their faces.

"Remember when Luna and Belly were twelve, both scared and crying as they were forced to ride the tower of terror?" Jeremiah grinned as he stepped forward, a bounce in his feet as he did so. He was way to excited to share the knowledge about his sister and Belly. "Belly threw up afterwards, all over Luna too."

Belly grimaced at the memory. She had eaten way to many mini donuts that day and it had made her sick. But the plus side too it, was that Luna had too. Only the Fisher daughter hadn't gotten as sick as she had, only an upset stomach and a icky feeling from the sugar.

"I was sick!" Belly defended herself, sending a glare towards Jeremiah who only shrugged and smiled goofily.

Luna hummed, shoving a spoonful of the shaved ice into her mouth. "Belly and I had eaten the who tub of donuts. You cried Jeremiah when you learnt that there weren't anymore left and mom wouldn't but you anymore."  Her heart clenched and ached at the word 'mom'. She tries to avoid saying it, because she knows it will just remind her of who isn't by her side anymore.

Jeremiah frowned, sadly looking towards his sister. But when he thought about it; Luna was defending not only herself but Belly. He wondered if things between them were better. If the love and magic they had was coming back. "Bleh." He stuck his tongue out at his sister, shaking his head back and forth.

"Oh boo, you two weren't sick, maybe sick with fear though." Conrad spoke now, his voice muffled by the cold shaved ice he had shoved in his mouth. "My mom had to throw out both of your clothes and carry you home in caftan, Belly."

Steven let out a chuckle from where he was standing, walking beside Taylor. "I know, haha."

"Susannah used to force my mom to come here when they were kids. My mom always hated it but Susannah loved it so much, so ..."

Luna raised her eye brows at her cousin, eyes twinkling with something that wasn't happiness. "You know what else my mom loved? The beach house."

Skye threw a hand into the air, frustrated with all of their cousins. They haven't been kind to them at all lately, but they doesn't blame them to much, their mom isn't making it easy. "My moms not evil, Luna. And your mom wasn't a saint."

Belly looked towards Luna, watching at the girl she loves looked down towards her feet. "Luna, would you wanna play shoot your shot? Skye here probably hasn't played and we could teach them."

"I'd rather not, I'm fine not playing." Skye spoke, their eyes focused on the shaved ice in their hand. Avoiding looking up at Belly who visibly frowned. They understood that Belly was trying to be the one who connected the cousins together, but they had no connection with them anyways.

"Well then, how about a Great Boardwalk Showdown." Belly flashed the smile that made Luna weak in the knees. "We all know you wanna, Luna."

Luna grinned slightly as she looked towards Belly, who smiled brightly and was bubbling over with happiness. "Of course, a chance to beat the boys!"

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— At the end of the night, once the group of boys had won the Great Boardwalk Showdown, everyone ( including Cam Cameron and Izzy, whom they had found wondering around the boardwalk and stolen them ) pilled into two vehicles and all made their way back to the beach house. 

Belly and Luna were pushed against each other, Jeremiah playfully pushing his sister closer to Belly with hopes that they would overcome the tension between them. He still felt horrible for what he had done, and it wasn't until after when his mind wasn't as clouded that he realized what he had truly done. 

"I forgive you, you know." Luna spoke, but she didn't turn her head to the side. She was focused on the front of the road, where she could see Izzy in the drivers side and Cam Cameron in the passenger seat. "And you too, Jer-bear."

As Jeremiah cheered happily from where he sat beside his sister, he shared a happy look with Belly before he returned his attention back to the conversation the two in the front were having. Something about the bag fulled of carnival prizes that were sitting underneath Cam Camerons feet. 

Belly wasn't sure what to say. Yes, she was beyond relieved to know that Luna had forgiven her for what had happened. But, on the other hand, apart of her felt as if she still didn't deserve the forgiveness.  A long pause, "You do?"

As the car pulled into the driveway of the beach house, Luna turned towards Belly. "I always will, Bells."

The two didn't share any more words as the both wiggled their way out of the car. Now although they didn't share any words, the continued to walk and stand by each other as they made their way towards the front door. 

Inside, was nothing. 

Absolutely nothing.

Luna wasn't sure she could take anymore of this, Her heart ached so badly that she was pretty sure it was going to break into a thousand more pieces and would become unrepairable. Everything her mother loved; the paintings, the vases her mom collected, each and every item was gone