epilogue

FOREVER SUMMER
EPILOGUE / EPISODE ZERO
luna x belly

TEN YEARS AFTER THE SUMMER THE BEACH HOUSE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SOLD.

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— I pace back and forth inside my mothers old room.

It's been ten years since she's died, and this is the first time I've ever been left alone in the room. The first time I was in the room, Jeremiah said something about how he missed her; I did not express my feelings safely, but instead threw one of her paintings across the room and at the window — that summer I spent every day working so I could pay for the damages I caused.

The handle on her door jiggles and before the door is even open, I'm already turning my whole body towards it. Jeremiah steps in with a bundle of flowers in his hand. He looks happy, like he has no problem with what's about to happen. Like he's been waiting for this day to happen.

"Luna, my sister, all grown up." He doesn't look like he's about to cry, no, he looks as if he's about to start jumping up and down in the purest of joy he could manage. "Are you ready?" I go to answer, because I've been rehearsing this moment in the mirror for so many years. I should know what I'm going to say. But apparently my face betrayed me, and Jeremiah is quick in cutting me off. He doesn't let me speak. "Would you like me to drive the get away car?"

"What if I'm not a good wife?" I ask, sitting down on the edge of the bed. I rested my hand on my stomach, that would be showing my stages of my pregnancy soon. "Or a good mother?"

I was only about two months along, and there was still time for things to go wrong, but I knew it wouldn't. Belly had chosen not to be the carrier for our first child after a long discussion, she said she wanted me to have this moment, to be the one. I didn't argue, I knew a small part of it was that if anything happened she would never recover like I would. And that she's at her prime in her volleyball coaching career.

Jeremiah sighed, moving to sit beside me. He was careful not to touch the dress I wore, knowing that he would never hear the end of it if he did. "You and Belly have been together for ten years. You are her forever and she is yours. You're practically her wife, Lu. You just have to make it official. And you'll be a great mom too, you're a great aunt to Asher, Conrad and Izzy's son. And you're a wonderful aunt to my daughter, Graclynn." He wasn't wrong, Luna was the best aunt anyone could ask for.

"Thank you, Jere." I snuffled and then I fanned my face, refusing to let my makeup run because I cried before I could even walk the aisle. "I love you, so much. I'm so glad you're my best man."

"I'd never want it any other way. Now, last chance. Get away car?"

We both shared a laugh, voices happy as we did so. I wouldn't take the getaway car my brother was offering, Jeremiah knew it. But it just made everything so much better.

As Jeremiah left the room, my father Adam stepped in. His and my relationship was much better and we had both found a way to be each others family with the drama that we always seemed to have.

"I couldn't wish for anyone else as a daughter, Luna." Adam spoke kindly to me, letting his arm hang out for me to grasps ahold of. The traditional walk down the aisle.

"I couldn't wish for a better dad." I wrapped my arm around my fathers extended one. I walked beside him as he opened the door. Everyone was gathered outside, standing on the beach having already watched Belly walk down the aisle. They were all staring at me as I walked along the sand, my bare feet pressing into the small grains of sand that I loved so much. Adam pressed a kiss to my forehead before he moved to his own spot.

"We are gathered together here to join Isabel Conklin and Luna Fisher in the union of marriage..."

Me and Belly had already exchanged our vows; we had done it in privet. It's what we wanted and no one argued. We both read our vows, then the letters that Susannah had written us. Then we read the letters out loud to each other. Crying in the early morning as we watched the sunrise.

"Isabel, do you take Luna to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto her forevermore?"

Belly didn't hesitate, "I do."

"And Luna, do you take Isabel to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto her forevermore?"

I smiled brightly, "I do."

"And now by the power vested in me, it is my honor and delight to declare you married. You may kiss!"

SEVEN MONTHS AFTER THE WEDDING BETWEEN LUNA AND BELLY.

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— Staring down at a little baby girl was something that I've always wanted. To hold my daughter, with the love of my life sitting beside me.

My dream came true.

Belly sat beside me, letting my tired body lean into hers. We both looked down at the little baby girl pressed against my chest. Wrapped in a thin pink blanket. She slept soundly, happy in the new world that she had been brought into.

"I'm so proud of you." Belly whispered as she placed a kiss to my head, not even caring about the sweat that bad made my hair greasy and gross. I just gave her a baby, she didn't care a single bit about how I looked. "I love you Lu."

"I love you too, and our baby." I spoke softly, watching as our baby blinked up at us. Prefect little orbs that focused on us.

"Susie Laura Conklin - Fisher."

Like I said, my dream had come true. They were my world, and I would follow them both to end.

the end.

authors note; thank you all <3