five

SUMMER CATCH
CHAPTER FIVE / EPISODE FIVE
luna x belly

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— Luna still wasn't sure who her escort was. Izzy hadn't been available, Conrad hadn't gotten back to her saying he would, and Jeremiah said he was actually supposed to go with Belly if Cam Cameron didn't go.

So it was either find someone, or come up with a lame excuse in why she couldn't participate anymore. She was hoping that someone would go with her, since she was pretty excited to participate.

But when she and Belly returned home from the debutant dance lessons — that they had to do with each other since neither of them had escorts — they decided that they'd go for a bike ride to a place Luna had found.

The two girls wasted no time in dragging the bikes from the side of the house to the street, taking off with the breeze. It was a nice ride, short and sweet.

Along the water, where the sand met rocks and and land, is where Luna took Belly. Where birds flew around them, the soft breeze carried the sent of water, where the clouds covered the sun.

"How long have you been coming here?" Belly asked, the question having been floating around in her head for some time now.

"I found it the day that we drove down. Mom had said that I should go for a ride, and so I just went." Luna briefly explained, gaze darting towards Belly who was leaning back.

Belly hummed, lips turning upwards in the corner. "Lolli...?"

Luna hummed back, turning towards Belly to nod. "Yeah?"

For a while, Luna has only believed that Belly was dead set on her brother, Conrad. Luna has always watched, seen the glances, the smiles, the small blushes that coated Bellys cheeks and nose — she's seen it all.
( But now time had changed, Belly is spending much more time with Luna. Luna is spending even more than regular time with Belly. ) Seeing it all made her feel pushed to the side, like she was the watcher who couldn't do anything at all.  

"Is Conrad going with you to the ball?" Belly spoke so softly that Luna had to ask for her to repeat herself.

"Maybe?" Luna didn't smile, why would she? It would make her seem rude, because she knew that Belly wanted Conrad."I don't know, actually. I asked but he never answered."

"Oh." Belly seemed to deflate, then seemed to fill back up with air. Maybe she felt deflated because Luna had beat her to asking Conrad, and then maybe she reflated because there was still a chance. "Okay."

It's played out in Lunas head. The way that she'd kiss Belly after asking quietly if she could ( because consent ! ) kiss her and hold her like they were two teenagers hopelessly in love. The way that Belly would never look at Conrad the way she had, but that she'd look at herself — ( maybe it was slightly toxic that Luna wanted Belly to herself and that she didn't want Conrad to be in the picture at all, but nobody is perfect. )

It's the way that Bellys had it play out in her own head too. She's closed her eyes, and instead of Conrad being the one she's spending her life with, it's Luna. She was never really sure why Luna invaded her dreams and thoughts, she's never ever known for sure. But what she does know, is that Luna could extend her hand and she would reach out and place her own in it.

"That's a whale." Luna pointed, pretty painted nails shining in the small sunshine as she did so. "Bells look!"

Belly looked towards the water quickly where there was a whale flopping around, swimming and doing things that whales did. "That's so cool!"

Only if things lasted, right? Because poor Luna was gonna wish that this moment lasted forever once she found out Belly and Conrad almost kissed.

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— Luna was unpacking a bag, a bag that she had brought with her from home and never bothered to unpack it. Inside was one of her favourite bathing suits and her number one most worn out deck of cards

Jeremiah was lounging on the bed as he threw clothes from the said bag towards Luna. He did this lots, throwing things and helping her unpack whatever she had.

"Do you wanna go swimming? I've been waiting all day but didn't want to go without you or Belly. And you two had gone somewhere and now Belly is with Conrad." Jeremiah threw the words out as he threw a two piece bikini bathing suit toward Luna. "Please Lolli!"

With a pang in her chest, Luna caught the bathing suit as she turned towards her brother. "First off, me and Belly had gone for a bike ride. Secondly, she's with Con?"

"Please. Pretty pretty please. I'll play uno with you — whenever you want." Jeremiah smiled and dismissed the secondly part of Lunas talk.

"Sure, sure you will." Luna narrowed her eye, grabbing the said uno cards from her bag and throwing them at her brother.

Jeremiah he moved to kneel on the bed, his hands resting comfortably against his thighs as he made puppy dog eyes. "Please ~"

Luna rolled her eyes at his puppy dog eyes, yet she sighed and caved. "Yeah, yeah, okay. I'll go Jer, not sure about Belly since she's with Conrad."

"Thank you! Thank you!" Jeremiah beamed as he quickly gave his sister a hug before he raced out of the room and down the hallway towards the stairs, hoping to find Belly and see if she would come with.

Luna chuckled as she held up the two piece bathing suit that Jeremiah had thrown at her. Jeremiah had actually boughten it for her, himself having matching swim shorts. It was her favourite, and maybe that was why.

She changed into her swim suit, pulling an extra long t-shift over top. It ended at her knees. She removed all her bracelets and anklets, necklaces too — she didn't want to risk losing them in the water, knowing it would absolutely break her heart.

"Jeremiah! Let's go." Luna yelled out as she stood outside the beach house, her hands on the steering wheel of a golf cart that her father had bought a long time ago. In the back was her brother and hers stand up boards.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" Jeremiah yelled out as he ran quickly, Luna slowly driving away. "Stop the cart!"