four

SUMMER HEAT
CHAPTER FOUR / EPISODE FOUR
luna x belly

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— It's the Fourth of July, and it's hot. The heat is practically warming everything up, even the pool. Everyone's inside, finishing up anything else they need to before guests arrive.

Luna is in one of the many guest rooms, her hair pulled back into messy bun, her pyjamas still clinging to her body. She's making the bed, white pretty covers and sheets being folded and neatly tucked in.

"You got to fold the bottom sheet at a 45 degree angle if you want right corners." Conrad spoke from the doorway where he leaned. He pointed to the corner with his finger, leaning forward slightly as he did so.

Luna did what her older brother said, folding them at a 45 degree angle and tucking them in. "Like this?"

Conrad shook his head, leaving the doorway and kneeling down beside his sister. "Yeah, not like that. Like this." Conrad showed her what to do, doing it like he's done it a thousand times.

Luna nodded, doing the same thing to the other corner. "So... Izzy can't be my escort for the debutante ball." She frowned.

Conrad shrugged, "What about Jer?" He cared, of course he did, he might not show it though.

"I was actually wondering if you'd go? If you would be my escort...?" Luna trailed off as she finished making the bed and smoothing out the blanket.

Her mom would be beyond happy to see her son participate again, and it would give her a change to see them both dressed up and happily spending time together.

"Uh. Sure? I'll think about it, okay?" Conrad said, getting you from the floor and turning towards the window when he heard a car honk. It's was Bellys father and his girlfriend.

"Sure, yeah. Let's go say hi." Luna dragged her brother along with her downstairs, stopping right at the door where the others stood.

"She's hot." Jeremiah grinned, stepping closer to the door to see the woman.

"Dude!" Steven scolded his friend, turning his head around so he could glare.

Jeremiah stepped back, raising his hands. "What? I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking."

Belly frowned. "I wasn't thinking that."

"Yo," Conrad started, eyes staying focused on the woman everyone was looking at. "That could be their future stepmom."

Steven didn't like that and pushed his friend, "Dud, what the hell?"

"Don't push me." Conrad stepped towards Steven, raising his hands to play fight.

"Guys!" Luna exclaimed. "They're coming, they're coming. Gah!"

Luna, Conrad and Jeremiah all ran out the back door where they sunk into lawn chairs by the pool. Luna smiled at her brothers, she'd always look up to them. They were her family, and she'd want to spend her summers with no one else but then and the Conklins.

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— Now changed into a bathing suit, a white cardigan overtop, Luna made her way towards the pool where she dunked her feet in the water. Everyone else was doing there own thing, and Luna didn't mind being able to just sit and relax.