six

SUMMER TIDES
CHAPTER SIX / EPISODE SIX
luna x belly

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— Being apart of the debutante ball had its perks: like the mini sandwiches.

And being apart of the Fisher - Conkin summer has its perks too: like being able to raise money for a cause. Luna had picked an organization that would help find sexual assault and domestic abuse victims safe places to stay and help them get started on a new life.

It made her happy that she could help this organization, that maybe whatever money she raised could make a difference.

She's be on team Lolli, Jeremiah having been the one to suggest the team name instead of Luna. She kinda felt as if it made her sound like a stripper — team lolli but she'd be playing volleyball so she didn't think it mattered much.

The sleeves of her shirt was matcha green, and it fit her just right. She had managed to find a pair of green coloured shorts that worked well with the matcha coloured sleeves. That was her outfit, nothing else. She had even decided to keep all her jewelry off, knowing that she'd reck something at some point.

"Hey, baby." Susannah smiled at her daughter, watching from where she was sitting as Luna walked towards her with open arms.

"Hi, mom." Luna hugged her mom and stepped back, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

Susannah smiled, "I asked Conrad for him to be Bellys escort. He said he would."

Maybe she didn't know. That's what she Luna told herself. Maybe her mother hadn't been informed by anyone that Luna didn't have an escort and now needed to desperately find one.

"Oh. That's great...!" Luna tried to sound happy, she tried.

"I know, hun." Susannah stood, wrapping her daughter in a hug once more before she walked away.

Luna was left standing there, by herself. She sat on the concrete, not bothering to move to the chair a few feet away. Her knees felt weak and there was a pressure in her chest. She hadn't talked to her mom for long, only minutes if we're technical.

"Oh..."

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— "Conrad freaking Fisher." Luna glared at her eldest brother, eyes narrowed so deeply that she was practically squinting. "You better do well."

Conrad was on team Lolli. He had asked to be on his sisters team — he felt bad that he couldn't be her escort to the debutant ball. It was okay though, because Jeremiah was going to go with Luna to the deb ball. ( unless things changed, but no matter what, Luna would go with one of her brothers. )

Conrad smiled a goofy smile, "I got this in the bag."

And oh, let's hope so.

Things started off quickly. There was only one court and whoever one would go onto the next round. It was simple, and it's something they've all — the Fishers and Conklins — done before. It was just a matter of who they played against, and who would do better than last year.