ten! - sick :(

|||||

Sapnap had officially left North carolina, eden was quite disappointed when he left since she hadn't seen him as much as she would've liked but she had been extremely busy with Mrbeast videos and streaming on twitch.

He had left a few days before eden had fallen sick, she couldn't stop and had refused to have anyone over or let anyone in her house.

She had even gone as far as to remove the spare key from under the plant pot next to the front door.

She was feeling dreadful, having to sit on the cold tiled floor next to t
he toilet all day so she could bring everything she had eaten back up, it felt never ending.

Eden was too warm, it was unbearable but whenever she tried changing into cooler clothes or turning on a fan she would start shivering, she decided to deal with the heat and fever instead.

"EDENN!" Karl shouted from outside, she could hear him stood at the front door from the bathroom window.

"EDEN COME ON LET ME INN!" he shouted persistently, if he continued annoying her then she'd eventually snap.

"Go away karl" eden croaked as loud as she could, holding her head out of the bathroom window and looking down at the man below.

"No eden, don't make me go get the spare key from Mr fujiwara, you know I will eden, I am terrified of that man but I will get that key" karl said sternly, he was talking about Eden's neighbour, Mr fujiwara, he was an elderly japenese man who moved to America after his wife died a few years ago.

Eden was actually quite good friends with the man and often went round for aome of his posh tea that had names she had never even heard of, Karl on the over hand was scared of him, terrified even and would often avoid going to edens when he saw the man outside his house, which was often since he was usually seen sat on his front porch throughout the day.

Mr fujiwara had edens second spare key for emergencies I'd something happened to her, she would have given it to Karl but Mr fujiwara made a good point that if something happened to her the police would get a key from next door and they wouldn't think of going all the way across the street to get one.

"Karl please" eden pleaded with the man, she really didn't want his help, but Karl was stubborn, deep down she knew she would never win the argument but it wouldn't stop her from trying.

"I'm going to Mr fujiwara's eden, I'll be right back" he called up and eden slid back down on the tiled floor, letting stray tears flow from her eyes.

The last time she remembered being taken care of in this way was with her brother, but he was gone now and she didn't particularly want a reminder of him right now.

Karl returned around 17 minutes later, eden heard him walking up to the front door, she did wonder why he had taken so long but then she thought of fujiwara and knowing him, he probably cooked something for Karl to bring over to her.

"I'm coming in now eden" he shouted up to her, getting no answer in return.

Eden heard him open the door and start to walk up the stairs, she stood up weakly and locked the bathroom door so he couldn't get in before plopping back down on the floor, she honestly couldn't care I'd he saw her like this but she didn't want him to catch anything if she was contagious.

The doorknob to the bathroom began to rattle, eden jumped at the sudden noise before realising that it was only Karl trying to get in.

"No! Stay out there" eden croaked out, letting a small sob escape her lips as she thought of her brother and then her parents and the pain she was feeling in these moments.

"Eden let me in, I can help you" karl said to her desperately, she could hear him sliding down one side of the door to sit.

She wanted to thank him, she wanted to tell him that she appreciates all that he sees for her, that she could never fully repay him for all that he does for her, but none of that came out.

"Just go away karl, I don't want anybodies help, go away, go away, go away" eden sobbed, still repeating the same words 'go away' almost like a mantra, she was stressed and all she wanted was a hug but she didn't want to get karl sick.

"Eden I'm not going to leave so your going to have to put up with me being here, you'll have to come out eventually and when you do your going to let me help you or I'll call Mr fujiwara, you know how stubborn that man can be, he will make you have some really disgusting herbal remedie that he cooks up and he'll make you lay in bed all day and hw won't let you get up at all" Karl said through the door, he was trying to persuade eden to let him in and maybe it was working, just a little bit.

Karl heard eden groan as she tried to stand up, Karl repeated her action and stood facing the door, waiting for her to unlock it.

There was a long silence before he heard the click of the door unlocking and he immediately flung it open, not caring about anything in that moment and rushing to give eden her much-needed hug.

Eden sobbed into his shoulder, he didn't know why but he didn't care, he'd comfort her now and ask later.

"I brought you some miso soup that Mr fujiwara made you, he said it would help, he also told me he had it as a child when he was sick, but I'm pretty sure he's never been sick so I'm not sure how that would work" Karl laughed, realising he had gone on a tangent he stopped and led eden towards her bedroom where he had left the bowl of miso soul for her.

"lay down and ill get you the herbal tea Mr fujiwara said he'd make you" karl said, scurrying out of the room whilst eden ate the soul that had been made for her, it was good soup but if she was honest she would've rather been eating her brothers home made chicken soup, she lived that when she was a kid.

Karl came back soon after she finished teh soup, holding a small tea cup of tea, no doubt with some weird herbal medicine inside it which eden had never heard of.

"Apparently its ginger tea, but I saw him adding some other random stuff" Karl told her honestly. He had been told the tea was called shoga-yu but he didn't really know how to pronounce it so he left that part out.

"Sounds disgusting" eden thought aloud, glancing down at the cup hesitantly.

"Probably is" Karl told the girl but realised she had to at least try it before judging so he quickly added something to his sentance in order to persuade the girl into drinking the tea.

"but Mr fujiwara made it, anything he makes works, I'm pretty sure he has magical powers" he added.

"Fine" eden croaked moving up from her laying position to drink the tea he had brought her.

"That's disgusting" eden pointed out after taking a singular sip of the drink, attempting to hold back a gag at the disgusting taste of the drink.

"It can't be that bad eden" Karl laughed, looking at her face which had been scrunched up in disgust.

"You Try it then" eden told him, holding out the teacup, she'd do anything to not have that drink.

"Fine" Karl said cockily, grabbing the tea and taking a big sip before swallowing it, regretting it instantly and making a weird face.

"I think he's trying to poison you" karl told the girl, earning a small laugh from the girl

They spent a while talking until eden felt her eyes drooping and begging to be be shut.

"I'm gonna sleep karl, feel free to stay in the spare room, could you tweet on my account as me saying no stream tommorow?" She asked him tiredly, she had a stream planned tommorow that she had promised but now it would have to be postponed until after she had got better.

"Yeah I can do that, I'm staying here tonight so let me know if you need me" he told the girl, but she was already asleep.

He felt bad for her, she was rarely ill and when she was she despised it, she really didn't like being ill.

"Goodnight eden" Karl whispered before leaving and shutting the door.