thirty one!- planes

"You need to get ready we have to leave" eden complained, it was currently six in the morning, and neither of the friends wanted to be up and awake, but their early flight said overwise.

Karl grumbled as eden shook him awake, dragging him of bed and pulling him off of the bed so he fell on the floor successfully waking him up.

"Hey! What was that for?!" He exclaimed, rubbing his elbow which he had banged on the floor.

"You weren't getting up" she shrugged, walking towards his bedroom door so he could get changed in privacy, but just as she was about to leave she got a sudden dizzy feeling and quickly grabbed onto the doorframe to steady herself.

Karl looked at her with worry, rushing over and holding onto her arm to help her gain her balance, she hated the pitying look that he had on his face.

"Are you okay? We can get another flight if you want?" Karl suggested in worry, but it only agricated her more, she had never wanted to punch him more than she did right now, but she refrained, she and karl had only just gotten over their argument a few days ago, and she knew she was just getting frustrated with herself and not really him but she hated feeling babied.

"I'm fine karl" she grumbled, forcefully removing herself from his touch and marching out of the room, leaving karl stood there shocked.

He made a mental note to bring it up on the plane later, where she couldn't shut him down.

After he was changed karl grabbed his and edens suitcases and tried bringing them all downstairs, failing miserably and accidentally letting them all crash down the stairs, landing in a big pile at the bottom.

"What was that?" Eden called from the next room over, before she walked in, looking at karls shocked face as he stared down at the suitcases.

"How did you manage that" she laughed, going over to them and bending down to pick them up as karl walked down the stairs and towards her to help so she didn't have to do much work.

"I genuinely have no idea" he laughed, grabbing the suitcases off of her and dragging them alongside them.

----------

"I'm so tired" eden mumbled, resting her head on Karl's shoulder as they waited in the airport.

"I know same, I'm exhausted... uhm eden? Are you sure your going to be fine going on a plane?" He asked her, he didn't want her health to get worse as she travelled, especially on a plane, there was nowhere she could go, no hospitals or anything.

"I'll be fine karl, you don't have to worry" she muttered in response, eden was starting to get really annoyed at his constant worrying, she was getting to a point where she just wanted to snap at him, but of course she didn't.

she knew he was only asking because he cared about her and he wanted to do everything he could to help her, but it was getting suffocating, she felt as if she was constantly being watched, it felt like they couldn't have normal conversations anymore, like all they talked about was if she was okay and if she needed anything.

Ut was starting to get to a point where eden just wanted to run from it all, she was hoping that this trip would let karl relax so that he wasn't constantly thinking about Eden's wellbeing, but that might not be the case.

"Okay but just let me know if you need anything" he sent her a smile, to qgich she returned, although it was fake she wasn't a horrible person, karl was still her best friend.

'I need you to leave me alone' she thought brutally, she knew she was being mean, even if she didnt say it out loud, she felt guilty because of her thoughts, karl was only trying to be considerate.

Before she knew it, their flight had been called, leaving them to get upnfrom their seats in the waiting area, one of the perks of having cancer, was that now, neither of them had to queue and could go straight onto the plane and towards first class, lucky.

---------

"These seats are comfy" eden pointed out with a blissful sigh, they had made it onto the plane and had sat in their fiest class seats ready for the flight, most of which eden had decided to try and sleep through.

"I agree, I want a seat like this in my house" he mumbled, letting out a sigh of comfort, eden thanked the Lord that he hadn't even asked if she was okay yet.

"Same" she mumbled, eden didn't waste another minute before her eyes fluttered shut and before she knew it she was asleep.

---------

"finally" eden sighed, slumping down onto an airport chair for a breather.

"Have I ever told you how much I hate planes" she asked karl rhetorically, "Yes eden you tell me about twenty times each time we get on a plane" karl gave her a sarcastic smile as he slumped down next to her.

"So. Tired" eden spoke, leaning her head against Karl's shoulder, and he knew that if they didn't move now they probably never would.

Her eyes had already started fluttering, she was starting to shut down and he had to stop it right now. First her tried nudging her lightly, he didnt want her to get a big shock.

But all she kid was whine at him like a little puppy.

"Edennn... Eden?! Edennn come onnn we have to go, we have people waiting" karl complained, nudging her shoulder slightly harder and at a faster pace.

"Mmm... fine" she whined tiredly, her logic being that the faster she arrived at the house the faster she can sleep, and in an actual bed too.

Just the thought of sleep was enough to motivate her enough to move, "why couldn't we have just driven to florida, I would've enjoyed that so much more" eden said with a sigh, grabbing her suitcase and pulling it along side her as they each walked towards the entrance.

"We didn't drive because your not allowed to drive and I would not he able to drive the full way" he told her sympathetically.

"Ugh whatever" she whined childishly, earning a giggle from karl, as he motioned towards her suitcase, silently asking if she wanted him to take it, to which he received a polite shake of her head from eden, she wanted to be somewhat independent.

---------

"They said they'd be here" karl looked at his phone, seeing a message from nick, stating that they were waiting near the front doors.

"Hey I see them!" She exclaimed, dropping her suitcase to rush over to them, just like in the movies.