twenty four!- family.

"I know karl, I'll be there soon" eden chuckled lightly into the phone, she had endured her week in hospital and she was definitely ready to get out of there.

The hospital smelled too clean for her, and all she could think about when there was the amount of death around her. The amount of people who had died in her room, the amount of deaths on that ward, let alone the whole hospital. It was depressing and eden really didn't like to think about it.

so when derek had told her the day before that she could go home, she was practically jumping with joy, in a tired non-jumping way... but nevertheless she was overjoyed upon finding out the good news, but unfortunately she couldn't actually tell anybody, dream had gone home a few days ago upon his mother's request to look after his sister for the next few days.

he had actually asked eden if that was okay and if eden was honest she was kind of happy with that, she didn't want to admit it but clay had been getting abit annoying, at first him asking her if she was okay was somewhat kind and considerate, but then she discovered that it was constant, she was constantly being asked if she wanted a drink or if she needed another pillow, maybe it was just because they were in a hospital, but eden would rather just talk to him like he was one of her friends, which of course he is, but he just wasn't acting like it.

So when he asked her if she minded that he was leaving, she had insisted he left, in a subtle way of course, she just insisted that he needed to go because family is important.

But of course eden wouldn't know much about family being important, hers had fallen apart after her brother Jordan died, even before then neither of the siblings had really had a close relationship with either of their parents, especially not their mother.

Their mother was a judgemental woman, she was a woman who didn't like mess, she wanted everyone and everything to be perfect and uniform, including her family and that meant that nothing could go wrong.

The two siblings had to get straight A's, they had to do well in school and they weren't allowed to get into any trouble or 'they would be in for it'.

Inside and outside of school, in and out if the house they had to be the perfect family, and if they fell bellow their mothers standards then they were punished, and the punishments weren't exactly good ones.

There father on the other hand was a good man, he just married the wrong woman. He married the woman that had the highest expectations, he married the woman that would do anything to get what she wants.

And marrying that woman would be a decision he regrets for the rest of his life, but he believed that you only marry once and their father didn't believe in divorce.

But being with a woman that you font love and for so long was slowly driving him mad, for a while everything was okay, of course it was hard to live up to there mothers standards but they had a family, a semi-normal family that wasn't falling apart.

But eventually everything did, everything came crashing down all at once.

Their father left, her brother died and her mother was the same which was concerning in itself.

Her son had just died and she's still more worried about how she appears to the ladies in her book club rather than focusing on herself and focusing on her family.

Edens father left a few months after his sons death, he hadn't divorced his wife but he had left her, she had driven him to the point of insanity and this bad been his breaking point.

Eden had to wonder what he would say if he found out his only other child would be dying too.

She wondered if he would even care. He hadn't cared when he left her alone with her mother, the woman who had tormented her all of her life. The woman who had forced eden to live inside a box her whole life, to suppress all emotion and personality.

Eden knew that they were still alive and well, she knew they had food and money and a house.

She knew because she had payed for it, she was paying each if them part of her earnings monthly, none of her friends had ever liked her doing it, but they couldn't really stop her, it would always be her decision what she does with her own money.

She doesn't even know if they use it, she hopes they do though, if not she hopes that they at least appreciate it, she had never been thanked for the money she sends them, but in a way she appreciates that.

In no way did she want to reunite with them at all, she just wanted to make sure they're okay and well off in life.

That's not such a bad thing is it?