twenty three!- carrier pigeons

upon waking up all eden felt was tired, she had been asleep for so long that she wondered why she felt so drowsy, she was practically falling asleep already even after the ten hours of rest she had just endured. Eden looked to her right, letting a small smile crawl up onto her face as she saw dream sleeping soundly, she was happy to have someone with her, she's glad that she actually agreed now, she had realised now that it most likely would've been lonely and actually rather depressing if she had woken up alone.

But the moment was bitter sweet, as much as she loved dream and really appreciated him coming over to North carolina, she couldn't help but wish he was somebody else, more specifically Karl, and she had realised now just how much she missed him, and she wished that she had told him about all of this in the first place, it would have been so much easier than however she's going to tell him now.

What is she really supposed to say, 'hey karl, I'm dying and got brain surgery behind your back, he was bound to be mad, or upset, either one would be deserved.

Eden just had to come up with the right way to talk to him about it, maybe she could try and casually bring it up in a conversation, she doubted that would actually work, she can imagine it now, 'hey karl, i have a brain tumor, and u got brain surgery without telling you, in fact, I lied to you and told you that I was visiting my dead brothers grave, I'm sorry'  that definitely wouldn't work, karl would probably despise her forever if she did it like that.

Although it wouldn't matter really, after not telling karl about any of this he would probably never want to see her again, she could imagine him shouting at her for even telling clay before him.

Eden tried to push those thoughts out of her mind, she had just woken up from a surgery and she didn't want to feel crap about her past decisions, she couldn't change them now, so she didn't want to waste her time thinking about them.

So instead Eden reached over to the side table quietly, trying not to wake up dream in the process as she tried to grab her phone.

After a few minutes she had finally grasped onto her phone and praying that it was charged she attempted to turn it on, and she thanked God that it had been charged whilst she was asleep.

The first thing she did was go to her messages, all she wanted to do is speak to karl and if she couldn't do that in person then the best next thing is to message him.

Karlos 😬❤️

Eden 🤩❤️
Hey karl

I really miss you

I wish you were here right now

I just thought I would let you know that I'll be back in a week, maybe longer depending on how I feel

Love you <33

Karlos 😬❤️
Eden!!!

Hiiiiiii!!! I love you more :)

I can come to misssipsipi if you want???

Cause I'm gonna miss you more, do you really have to stay for a week?!?

Eden 🤩❤️
Yeah :(

You don't need to come to Mississippi, I'll only be gone for a week, so you don't have to worry about me

I'll try speak to you every day!!

Karlos 😬❤️
Okay :(

You better keep to your word though, I'll be expecting a call or message every day

And if you can't find that then I'll be waiting for my carrier pigeon

Eden 🤩❤️
Ofc ofc

Anything for you 😍

I have to go karl but I promise that I'll send you that carrier pigeon

Love you <33

Karlos 😬❤️
Fine, you can go 🙄

I'll leave my window open for the pigeon :)

Love you ❤️❤️

Eden would have loved to message karl for longer, if it was up to her then she would be messaging him all day. But unfortunately that wouldn't be possible, as her doctors had come into the room, most likely to talk to her about what she can and can't do.

"Hello eden, how are you feeling" derek asked her in his posh voice, she despised his posh voice, she knew that he couldn't help it but he just sounds so annoying and stuck up.

"M'fine" she mumbled tiredly, her voice croaky and deeper than usual since she had just woken up and hadn't used her voice yet.

"Okay eden, I think it's time we talk about your recovery and what will happen after your recovery" derek told her, 'derek' was really hating his job at the minute, who wouldn't? He had been thinking of retirement a lot recently, but since edens case he couldn't bring himself to.

She's such a nice and polite girl, and he admired her ability to think about other people in difficult moments like this whilst she should really be thinking about herself.

Her case made him think about life, like alit of people would upon seeing such a kind girl be given a time limit on her life.

It made him think about the important things in life, like his daughter and grandchildren that he hadn't seen in years, or the woman of his dreams that he just couldn't bring himself to ask on a date, but maybe seeing this, seeing that life is short and everyone has limited time had helped.

Maybe he'd go home tonight after work and he would make the calls, he would call his daughter and apologise, and after fixing that old relationship, he could call Shannon and start a new relationship.

He hadn't realised how lonely he had been feeling until actually speaking to eden, they had been speaking for a while now, he had told her about her recovery and what treatments to expect and such.

But eventually the two got to talking, they would be getting to know each other at some point anyway, eden and 'derek' would be seeing quite a lot of each other over the next year or so.

And eden had always been a relatively talkative person, so it was easy getting derek talking. And soon enough she knew everything about him, and he knew basically everything about her, which in all fairness wasn't that much but for eden it was nice being able to talk to someone who she didn't know personally.