thirty two!- florida

"They said they'd be here" karl looked at his phone, seeing a message from nick, stating that they were waiting near the front doors.

"Hey I see them!" She exclaimed, dropping her suitcase to rush over to them, just like in the movies, her hair flowing in the 'wind', she ran towards nick, george and clay.

she ran straight into georges arms as he embraced her in a tight hug, tears welled up in his eyes as he looked at the girl infront of him, she looked frail and pale, she looked in bad health and he couldn't help but be extremely worried for the girl.

"i'm so glad to see you george" she muttered into his shoulder, she hadn't realised how much she had missed him.

"hey, where's my hug?" nick chuckled, opening his arms for the girl to hug him, karl said hello to george and clay as eden caught up with nick.

"i missed you" she mumbled, he chuckled lightly hugging the girl tighter "i missed you too" he told her, releasing her from the hug so that she could greet dream.

eden only glanced at the blonde haired man, she raised an eyebrow before turning back to nick, george and karl.

"so" she smiled, "where did you guys park your car?" she asked, taking her suitcase from karl who had brought it over for her when she ran off.

.////.

it was a steady ride back to their house, but eden could feel three of her friends eyes staring at her, nick of course didn't know anything about her condition but eden knew that she'd have to tell the rest of her friends about it soon. but  right now she was pretty preocuppied, with both figuring out how her life had gotten to this, and ignoring one of her closest friends who had gone behind her back and told another of her closest friends that she had cancer without even asking if he could spread that information. maybe this time she'd just hold a grudge?

as much as she wanted to be angry at him forever and  never speak to him again, she was going to be staying in his house, not to mention that ehen she dies she didnt want to have any regrets, she wanted to die happy and she couldn't do that if all of her friends weren't there, and as much as she wanted to hate him, he was one of her closest friends.

it seemed to take forever to get to their house, and all that could be heard was the boy's laughter as they all caught up, eden had her head leant against the window, trying her best to pretend to be asleep so that she didnt have to join in with their conversations, as much as she missed the, she was tired and she really didnt want to go through any social interaction, she was perfectly fine with just listening as they talk to eachother.

as soon as they got back to the house, eden conveniently woke up, karl graciously took her suitcase for her, nick had already gone inside, stating that patches probably missed him, and george felt the tension between dream and eden and made up a dumb exccuse that he was going to do his homework, even he was confused after what he had said.

it was only them left stood outside, eden hadn't looked at him once since she had gotten off the plane, george had already told dream that he had informed eden of his knowledge about her sickness, so of course dream knew why she looked so upset and why she had been avoiding him, she hadnt responded to any of his calls or messages since george told her about dream being a traitor.

They had been stood there in silence for what felt like hours, someone had to break the silence, and it seemed that both of them had the same idea. 

"i'm sorr-"

"you sai-" 

they both started speaking at the same time, eden had a look of hurt on her face as she finally looked up at her blonde haired friend, he had betrayed her, and he had the audacity to think that just saying sorry would magically fix things for them both.

"you can speak" he mumbled, his head was lowered, intenesely staring at the ground.

"oh i know i can speak" she scoffed, looking at him with a glare, the sadness she had been feeling had been replaced with anger, she was so angry with him, and she wanted him to know that, she would make sure that he knows about it alright.

"you betrayed me, you told me that i could trust you, that was my biggest secret and you thought it was okay to just go around and start telling people about it, george isn't only your friend okay? he's mine too and i would've told him when i was ready, but you ruined that, what made you think that you had the right to do that?!" she exclaimed, seeing her so angry made dream realise just how much he had screwed up, eden was usually such a kind and understanding person, she could never hurt a fly. he had never seen her get angry during the years he had known her, yet here she was, stood with a finger held in his face, shouting at him louder than if someone was using a megaphone.

"i know and i'm sorr-" he negan to speak, hoping that his sincerest apology might make her feel better, or at least make her less angry... but it seemed he was wrong, extremely wrong.

"who told you that you could speak?!" she exclaimed, she knew she was being harsh, but he needed to realise that what he had done was wrong, george is one of her best friends, and she would've told him eventually, and on her own terms, but dream had ruined that for her.

"i trusted you clay, and you just threw that in the garbage, do you not realise that this isn't just some stupid little middle school secret that everyones going to forget about in a day, this is my life we're talking about, this is seirious stuff and if this is what you do when someone tells you something that important then i dont think we can be friends anymore" she told him, she probably hated this as much as he did, but she wanted him to learn his lesson, and he wouldnt do that if she didnt make him work for the forgiveness.

"can i speak" he mumbled, looking at her face, he couldn't bare seeing her this upset,the look of sadness and hurt on her face was beyond what he had ever seen anyone look like, and he felt so bad about what he had done, but he couldnt fix anything if she didnt even let him speak.

edne only nodded, all the standing and shouting was really exhausting her, she did need to sit down, but she was too mad and upset to even mive from where she was stood.

"eden listen to me, i am truly sorry and i know i shouldn't have told him, but you have to understand eden, do you know how guilty i would've felt if you had died on that operating table, i was the only one that knew and i was scared and worried about you, and i needed to confide in someone, i didnt want to feel alone" dream explained, and when he ut things like that, it made eden feel guilty for shouting at him so harshly.

and if she thought about it, technically he had done her a favour, thats one less person that she had to tell about her illness, really, she should be thanking him.

"im sorry for shouting at you like that, i was jsut upset and iv'e been really stressed lately" she mumbled with a sigh, looking him in the eyes with tears built in her own, he sent her an understanding smile and opened his arms wide for her.

"it's okay i understand, i was in the wrong anyway so its fine" he told her, wrapping his arms around her as she stepped closer for a hug. "thankyou" she mumbled as he led her inside, they were both glad that they could get the arguing over and get it all out of their system.