thirty four!- cat?

after eden and dream had sorted out their argument, and after eden had told nick about her cancer, eden had spent the day to herself, so much had happened and she had only been in florida for a few days, but in some ways she actually felt better with her friends knowing about all of it, it felt like some weight had been lifted off of her chest, but it wasnt all gone, she still had everyone else to tell.

but for now, she had bugger things to focus on, because eden would be in florida for another two or three weeks, she wouldn't be in north carolina for her chemotherapy sessions, and she wouldnt have access to any of the necessary medicine that she would need, she had spoken to derek, her doctor and they had come to a solution.

derek had gitten on the phone to someone he knew in florida and had arranged for eden to go to one of the hospitals there to get the necessary treatment, and now that her frienfs who she was with knew, she wouldn't have to sneak around and hide it from them, and so it was decided, george would be coming with her to support her through it, she had told him that it would be boring and she probably wouldn't be feeling well and that she wouldn'y be very entertaining, but he had told her that he didnt care and that he would be going with her anyway, and she couldnt exactly say no to that so she complied with his request, getting an uber there since neither of them could actually drive.

eden was sat in a hospital chair, in an unfamiliar room, surrounded by unfamiliar people and doctors, and nurses. it felt odd being in a different hospital but she was glad that george was their with her. he was sat beside her whildt she git the needle connected to a drip of her medicine inserted in her arm, and he had been keeping her company since then, they had been sat in that room for a few hours and they still had a few hours left to go until they could leave, chemotherapy was a slow process.

currently eden was listening to george talk about a funny thing that patches had done as she drew on his hand, she was tired, exhausted really. and a while ago she had just asked george to talk about something and she would listen.

"a-and then she climbed up dreams curtains like it was nothing" george laughed, still talking about patches, eden laughed along as she continued to doodle on his hand.

"patches sure is a funny..." eden began saying, but her mind had gone blank, she just couldnt out her finger on it, the word was at the end of her tongue but she just couldn't seem to remember what sort of animal patches was, of course she knew what type of animsal, she just couldnt remember the name of it.

she was beyond embarrased, and the look of pity that was written all over georges face, really wasnt helping her at all, derek had told her that this might start to happn, she'd start to forget all of the simple things, she'd fprget names of objects and thhings of all sorts, and she feared that eventually she wouldn't even remember the names of her friends, this was only the beginning.

"take your time" george said sympathetically, george had done some research of his own, he had googled symptoms and what would happen to her, and he knew that over time she'd start to get forgetful, and he was glad that he was their to help her, he couldnt imagine how hard this must be on her.

"cat... she's a funny cat" eden mumbled, grabbing a cushion from behind her back and burrying her face in it out of embarrassment, tears started to well up in her eyes as she thought about what just happened, george tried to help her by rubbing circles on her back as she cried, but it didnt really do much, that whole situation had just put a dampen on eden's overall mood.

but george tried his hardest to make her feel better over the next few hours they sat there in the hospital as she git her treatment, he spoke to her, he told her funny stories and told her all about the streams and videos he was planning to do, she enjoyed his efforts but eden really just wasnt in the mood for talkin anymore,  and finally once it was all done, she was glad she could just leave and pretend that it never happened in the first place.

she had decided that as soon as she git back, she would be going straight to sleep in one of the guest bedrooms so that she didnt have to speak to anyone, she wasnt in the right mindset for social interaction, and geroge would probabky answer any questions that her other friends might have about her mood.

george and eden got out of the uber hastily, pratically running towards the front door to get away from their creepy uber driver, as soon as they entered the house, eden was quite shocked to see it absolutely empty, all of the lights were off and it sounded like nobody was there, eden flipped the hallway switch on, ignoring the burning feeling that something was wrong and that they werent alone as she walked towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of water before going to bed.

she switched the kitchen light on, opening the fridge to grab the water, but as she turned around she jumped as she saw karl, clay and ik all jump out from behind the counter, george stood off to the side awkwardly.

edne just sighed, not even bothering asking them what they were doing, but she was shocked to see who else was in the room with them, she looked at his face, her eyes were wide as they locked eyes.

"surprise!"