eighteen!- dream.

"I'll be back soon Karl I promise" eden told him, pulling her suitcase out of her house, Karl was following at a fast pace beside her, begging her to let him come with her.

"Eden please let me come, we both know that this is a big step for you, what if your not actually ready, you might need someone there with you, and when you do go see him, I can be there to celebrate with you" karl beamed, loving his own idea. At this point, eden felt horrible for lying to him, sue wished she could tell him the truth but every time she finally thought she could, she would chicken out.

"Karl this is a big step for me, but I have to make it alone, I'll call you right after, okay?" She was lying through her teeth, eden had always hated lying, she hated it with her whole being, yet here she was, lying to everyone she knew.

She also knew that she probably wouldn't be ready to make that step for a while, she couldn't bring herself to go see him, she had hoped to for years but each time she persuaded herself to go, she'd change her mind at last minute and she'd get Karl to drive her home.

"Fine, but just know how proud I am of you. Oh! Oh I had something I wanted to ask you" karl told her, and excited grin adorning his face.

"You should be back by then, its like a few weeks after you get back, I'm going to see dream, sapnap and George in florida, I wanted to know if you could come with me?" Karl asked her, she wasn't even sure if she would be allowed to do that, she'd have to ask Derek when she gets to the hospital and then she would get back to Karl.

"I'll see how I feel about it after my trip" she told him, trying to sound glum, which wasn't actually that hard as all she has to do is think about what's going on in her life at the minute.

"Okay, I'll let them know when you call... im gonna miss you" karl was pouting like a little innocent puppy and eden couldn't help but feel guilty about what's she was doing, but she had to, in her head there was no other options, she was doing it now so she cant go back.

"ill miss you too karl but this is something i have to do this" if only he knew how much she actually had to do this, a lot more than she was letting off. she envied his cluelessness, that's all she actually wanted, to be clueless again, to have no idea what was happening to her, to be so unaware about everything.

"i know" he mumbled, pulling her into a hug before saying a proper goodbye, allowing her to finally leave.

eden thanked karl internally as she got in the car for putting her suitcase in the car for her, over the past few weeks she had been getting weaker and weaker, and she knew that it was only going to get worse from then on.

edens surgery wasn't actually going to be for a few days, three to be exact, she would be staying at a motel nearer the hospital for two of those days and the third day she would be in hospital preparing for her surgery.

eden had been driving for a while, all of the windows down with the music blasting, she should've been at the motel ages ago but was happy with what she was doing, she was quite enjoying the air, and her thoughts were being cancelled out by the music.

eden pouted as her music stopped only to realise she was getting a phone call, from dream... she had actually been avoiding dream since mcc, she knew how competitive dream could get, and she had it in her head that she had ruined the mcc for them, she kept losing focus and her eyesight had been getting alot worse and her hands had kept going numb, and she couldnt move it, meaning she literally couldn't move the mouse, or press anything on her keyboard, eden had never been the best at minecraft, both karl and george had been trying to help and support her, even most of her chat were trying to help her through it.

for a while dream had been trying to help too but when she kept messing it up and it just kept happening he quickly grew annoyed with her 'incompetance', those were his words not hers, after the whole thing, when none of them were streaming dream had gotten annoyed at her for 'ruining the whole thing', of course george and karl had stood up for her, but instead of saying anything at all she just left the call, if only he knew that she felt the same way, but she couldn't help it, it wasnt her fault at all.

eden had ignored all of his calls and messages throughout the week, she had been busy anyway, between streaming, filming with jimmy and her doctors appointments she practically had no spare time, all of her spare time she had filled with sleep.

but she had no excuse now, she wasnt busy at all, so she reluctantly answered, she knew he wouldnt be mad at her anymore, he was probably just worked up at the time because they didnt win.

dream seemed shocked when she answered the call and staggered on his words slightly, he had planned out everything that he was going to say but now that he had to say it everything had gone.

"i just wanted to say how sorry i am for-" dream started but was quickly cut of by the girl herself, "its fine" she said, she could honestly say she wasnt bothered anymore, she had much more important things she had to focus on.

"i completely underst- wait what?!" he exclaimed, surprised by her answer, that was not what he had been expecting after all of the rants and lectures he had gotten from karl. "yeah im not bothered anymore, dont stress it" she told him nonchalently, dream could tell someothing was wrong with her he could always tell whenever something is wrong with eden, just as she could with him, it was their special 'bestie' telepathy as eden liked to call it.

"whats wrong?" he questioned, and from the deepn sigh he got in response he knew that there was definetely something wrong.

"..."